Outpredicting the storm.

edited 2013-04-04 00:48:43 in Liveblogs
A screen shot LP guesstimate on what would Raocow say.

As some of you may or may not know, Raocow's latest little LP is a project done by the talkhaus forums called ASMXBT(or something like that)

This was one of those games I wanted to try out for myself, and since I was mentally doing it anyway, I figured I would share with you, the mental process of me playing through the game and trying to suss out, exactly what raocow would say for his own LP of it.

Thus, I create this thread and welcome you "Outpredicting the storm"

courtesy links http://www.youtube.com/user/raocow
http://everything.raocow.com/by_game.php
http://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13073 – Where you too can get the game

and the latest video in the series of Raocow's LPs

Pro-cautionary tip: I will not predict any introductions or outroductionrs or video name on the basis of shut-up
[spoiler] image  Our first level for the video[/spoiler]

This first level is quite a bit of a race-challenge, I fully expect it to kill him once, at least. Word quoting would be something of [spoiler]image “Woah, Vibes, Neat” [/spoiler] either that, or something pointing towards the pandering nature of this level “I heard you like weird levels”

Now, his first immediate action after the initial period of soaking it in will be to hit that blue off button, his emotive state afterwards will that of confusion as
[spoiler]image  Nothing happens[/spoiler]
After searching around for a bit (it's 3x3 screens, that's almost as much as 9, and that's terribul)

He'll find a message block, displaying the following [spoiler]image[/spoiler] [spoiler]image[/spoiler] Which leads to my first branching path behavioral guess.

(As you may have noticed from the first 2 screenshots, there was a letter at the bottom of the screen, as the message implies, there is 8 letters, ranging from A to H)

Branch A. Raocow explored all 9 screens before hitting the message block, he realizes what he has to do, panics and dies, and has to do over.

Branch B. Raocow did not explore all the screens, hits the message blocks, becomes confused for a moment before realizing what he has to do, panics as he runs out of time doing what he has to do, dies and has to do over.
[As you can tell, both branches don't steer too far away from the main Raocow Tree, but that may be a possibility with more “complex levels”]

To give you a measure on how strict the time-limit is, [spoiler]image[/spoiler]

This is the end of the level in the next screen.

Final summary of my prediction, >Amazement at the theme, Panic at first, followed by completing the level, even possible praise for it's design visually.
Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Amusing.

Me, I made it up to World 7 of this before things started getting too tough for me.

I agree that Claymore Speedrun looks pretty cool. Nice soundtrack, too.
    And yes, Raocow will certainly die in it at least once. I sure did
  • Level number dos for tomorrow(or today depending on your weird timezone) will be

Spoiler:

Now this level is an auto-scrolling automatic level (I sure do love redundant statements don't I!)
    Thus I predict anywhere from 1-3 tries from Raocow, including but not necessarily true, a chipmunk segment / cuts to the video wherein he might die.

The level isn't too hard mechanically speaking, but rather aims at surprising the player, of which I'm predicting Raocow will be the victim of.

Spoiler:
    image Nothing too bad right? “Doesn't seem all too bad”

Spoiler:
    image 1 screen over “Holy cheese”

The level contains two parts to it, one is the boat and sunkenness of that boat, and the other part is a lava cave.
    Spoiler:
    imageMight be getting overwhelmed at this point

And then, during the lava boat cavern section, we run into this.

Spoiler:
    image “why do you exist”
    Of which I predict his reaction will be: confused laughter. Which is the reaction any normal human being would make to this horrific monstrosity(any inconsistencies will be addressed later*)

[*: If I feel like it]

Over all, because the level is mostly actiony side-scrolling, I predict 1-3 tries, not too much trouble once the surprises are overcome, and outside of the abomination, nothing worth noting.
  • Amusing.

Me, I made it up to World 7 of this before things started getting too tough for me.

I agree that Claymore Speedrun looks pretty cool. Nice soundtrack, too.

That's quite far, good for you!

Also, as of now, I'd adding another "Not predicting how he'll react to the soundtrack. Just because music is kind of the like the soul- get it.

Also, I play with the sound off :x.
    With the sound off? But then you don't get to hear all the custom tunes
  • With the sound off? But then you don't get to hear all the custom tunes

Because I multi-tasked and watched videos as well playing the game. Anyways, we'll see how my predictions go, and then I'll measure how far off I was, and get to making new predictions.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    There really are a lot of neat Mario hacks, hm?
  • Technically, ABMSXT is a different engine entirely, but for the sake of hugs, I will say, yes.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    :D *hugs*
    Raocow laughed at the Big Boo so much he fell in the lava.