The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    1. Me
    2. Not me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, Tre, I don't know if you care, but AndroIRC is pretty cool. Spinor recommended it to me a while back.
  • Ooh, alright. I'll check it out, then.

Maybe we could do an IRC party, if you guys would be down.
  • I'm in #trashheap now. Whoo.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I suppose I'll join too, if this is a thing we're doin'.
    problem with IRC parties: they suck all the activity away from the forum and make it a ghost town
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly please hold and your call will be answered shortly AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    And that's why telephones are terrible.

Next question.
    Why aren't amber lights called 'orange lights'?
    I realized a while back that the color we call "yellow" on a traffic signal, the color we call "orange" in the (front) turn signals of a car, and the color we call "amber" when it's mounted on top of a vehicle are all the same color.

It's very strange.

the color we call "yellow" on a traffic signal

!

So you do! i am not sure why this didn't register with me before.

They're amber over here.
    And suddenly, i am in a hurry.  That was prompt.

Bye.
  • Later Bobby!

Gosh, I can't help but feel like I have nothing to say in the IRC room now. Non sequiturs, whooooo! :/
  • I am depressed and I hate everyone.

This has been a presentation from the nobody news

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

See you later, a8.

I had noticed the yellow/amber thing a while back. Even our official documents (traffic control standards, traffic laws, etc.) call them "yellow" here...I wonder why.
  • Mojave's Disposition Status:

and now, back to your regularly scheduled heaping

• Tre said:

Mojave's Disposition Status:

and now, back to your regularly scheduled heaping

but I wanna be Beth
    The next poster is secretly Dave Strider.

But don't tell them I told you this.
  • But there's no convenient GIF available of Beth giving the finger! :P

great, now I'm wondering who Wallow and Chris would be
    Hi Dave.

I kinda want to switch my avatar to Princess Twilight Sparkle, but I don't want to part with my Mabel Pines...
  • Photoshop is a thing that exists.
    Mabel as an alicorn?

Oh god can you friggin' IMAGINE how hyper and excited that would make her?
  • As hyper and excited as the dickens, Alice. As the dickens.
  • I am just so done with people.

I think from now on I'm just going to be a smug douche about my opinions because that's what everyone else does and no one cares about my opinions anyway so it's not like anyone will notice.

• edited 2013-02-18 04:25:57
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    LOOK AT ME, DIPPER!!!!

I'VE GOT WINGS!!!!

WHEEEEEEEE

*flies around the kitchen, hits a wall*

AND LOOK

I CAN DO MAGICKY STUFF TOO!!!

*levitates Dipper's bowl of cereal*

Um, can I have my breakfast back?

SURE!!

*drops the bowl back on the table, the milk splashes out and soaks both of them*

That was fun.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what about Mabel Pines and Pinkie Pie both as alicorns
    The place I'm working with to get career counseling sent me a 31-day bus pass, to use for going to interviews and stuff.

Thing is, I don't actually need a bus pass, because I have a car and a license. I told them that last time we talked about transportation, but I guess since they already budgeted for passes for me I get one anyway. *shrug*

But since the taxpayers of the US have kindly provided me a bus pass, I'm thinking I might as well use it. Where should I take a bus to?
  • you ever have one of those nights where you just want to hammer rusty nails into your fellow human beings????
    What's wrong, man?
  • Seriously, man, what troubles you?
  • would it be cliche if I said "fucking everything"
  • I've had it I've had it I've had it I'm fucking done with this I'm done I'm Done I'm DOne it's over fuck this fuck this fuck this I hate the entire world fuck all of this
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Viani said:

5 bucks says a Marine 'shopped this
    Icon themes

GTK themes

Window Manager themes

so many possible combinations of the three and none of them look quite right ._.
    There, I found the perfect theme.

We can all go home now
  • edited 2013-02-18 07:18:52
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what am i looking at here

Are you referring to the Windows XP-like window or is this something you need to be a Linux person to understand?

or i'm slow/dense/unobservant as usual
    it's Linux done up like XP's stock interface
    Oh, so that is all.

i was overthinking it i guess.
    I've said this before but I think that fvwm's stock magenta/grey interface is the single greatest GUI of all time and if Comic Studio and Painter were available (natively) on Linux, I'd migrate without a second thought
    Yeah, I guess I should have been clearer with that. I just used the "About Xfce" dialog to illustrate the XP-style theme.

Anyway, since MLP is over for an unspecified amount of time and Gravity Falls has just started up again, I figured it was time to switch things up.

That country singer in the news who just left this mortal coil was the fifth patient for the Dr Drew's Celebrity rehab to end up dead from an overdose

what a track record there

As a pegasus, I am not amused by this misappropriation of my culture. -_-
    One mildly annoying thing about Ubuntu's "Minimal CD" installer:

When you're selecting your keyboard layout, it asks you for the "country of origin" for the keyboard. The option I select there is "English (US)".

"English" is not a country. "English (US)" is especially not a country.
    1930s Sequence (Double Yellow Overlap)

Main   | Cross 
    Street | Street
    -------+-------
       G   |   R
     Y + G | R + Y
       R   |   G
     R + Y | Y + G
       --REPEAT--

1950s Sequence

Main   | Cross
    Street | Street
    -------+-------
       G   |   R
       Y   |   R
       R   |   G
       R   |   Y
       --REPEAT--

Modern Sequence (Red Clearance Interval)

Main   | Cross
    Street | Street
    -------+-------
       G   |   R
       Y   |   R
       R   |   R
       R   |   G
       R   |   Y
       R   |   R
       --REPEAT--
    why did i take the time to type all that out