Let's Play Tohomon Blue! (It's Back!) (Kind of!) (See most recent post)

Comments

• I will try to get an update in today. But I've finally gotten around to Ten Desires and I think that *maybe* I can actually beat this one.

Maybe.

On Easy.

With continues.

• holy shit it's an update

sorry about the slow pacing guys. I've been tired and distracted a lot lately. I'm not sure how much we're gonna get done, but let's get started anyway.

What do you think about that, random small kid?

that's called "foreshadowing", folks.

In any case, we've only got one cabin left, let's go check it out.

and we walk in on a staring contest. Neither of them have much an interest in battling, but we do learn the captain is sick. Perhaps we should go check in on him, y'know, be polite after stealing a bunch of stuff and beating peeps u--

fuck you, Gary.

Furthermore, Gary. You are not French, your name is Gary. That's not French at all.

Technically I got the tickets from a space alien rabbit person disguised as ZUN from the moon. But close enough.

Anyway, of course he wants to battle (because of course) 

I would just like to point out that our lowest Touhoes have levels of 22. The second Touhou Gary ever caught is only at level 21. I'm not saying we're better trainers, I'm just strongly implying that.

Yes, I taught Derpy Counter. Why? Because I could. How? Pick one.

Now we are going to do something I have always wanted to do.

use Marisa to fucking stomp Reimu. 

booyah, bitch.

To clarify, I don't hate or even really dislike Reimu, but I think it's bullshit that she (canonically: a lazy ass when it comes to training) is again, canonically, stronger than Marisa, who, once again canonically, trains near-constantly.

JUST SAYING.

anyway, his next Touhou is a Chibi Patchy.

I am now going to make Imipolex sad.

sorry, Imi.

His next touhou is that Momiji again.

it is somehow only level 19.

Look, when you claim to have 40 different kinds of Touhou (and he does claim that), why are you carrying only four on you? Answer: you don't. If you have forty, you have the max six on you. You're a liar Gary. Fuck you.

I didn't get a good cap of it, but Lee took out this Momiji in one hit. What was the attack she used? Sonic Boom, which despite being re-typed to Bug, does not seem to work any differently here than it did in the original games.

unlike you, you incompetent fuck.

Whatever, let's go visit the captain, and view my favorite scene in the entire damn game.

MAGIC SEASICKNESS-CURING BACKRUB OF AWESOME FUNTIME YES!

The Cap gives us the (utterly useless in Tohomon) Cut HM, and we exit the ship. Because actual cruises are for pussies.

Next time: stuff!

• Forgive me father, for I have sinned and taught Cut to a 'mon I will actually use (it was Rei, and in fairness Cut is a decent Steel-type attack in this game, but still).
  • edited 2012-08-24 20:17:41
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Little did Natalie realize that Bruce's innocent-looking Sonicboom would be the tragic end of poor Momiji, referenced by the denizens of the internet for years to come.

Also, I don't remember if it is, but the Cut tree in front of Erika's gym might still be there. Unfortunately.
  • I don't think it is.

I actually taught her cut so we could retrieve the Amber from the lab in Pewter. Because I don't know what you get from it (Mima, maybe?).

Also something veeeeeeery interesting just happened.

this was in that cave system that connects to Pewter City by the way.

I don't plan on using her for anything, but I figure if we get stuck somewhere she might make good backup. I named her Verde as the obvious nickname of "Jelly" was a bit too obvious.

• edited 2012-08-24 20:26:38
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I was thinking Celery when you said Jelly, but that works too.

This makes me wonder what everyone's encounter rate is. The text files that come with the game don't tell you.
  • I would just like to report that Zestpoole just learned the awesomely-named Killing Doll, replaced Knife Throw which is the same type and has been waning in usefulness recently.
  • just gonna post this before I leave for the night

fuck yeah boyz.

Anyway, see y'all later.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Two of the SS Anne pics are exactly the same
  • ah that happens

I just usually catch it before posting.

• edited 2012-08-25 18:27:51
    It sort of creates an amusing image of Gary saying "Imagine seeing you here! So were you really invited?" in a cartoony French accent.
  • Before that he says "Bonjour".

For no freaking reason.

• Gensokyo Mini-Report 7 (1)

Parsee is a Jealousy Youkai, officially called a bridge princess (hashihime). Like many of the youkai that humans really don't like, she resides underground, where she guards a bridge. She started out as a mere protector spirit, but she got infected with jealousy, which twisted her into the being she is today.

She has a very nice theme song.
  • Before that he says "Bonjour".

For no freaking reason.

>that moment when you laugh because he pronounces it with a hard J

hehehe
  • How is it pronounced? I always thought it was sort of a zh sound.

ALSO I will try to get an update in either today or tomorrow. I'm sorry I've been slower, but work is making me kind of tired 99% of the time. So stuff.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh, and as an aside, Parsee has Primape's footprint.

I originally thought that it might be Medicham or Meditite's footprint, which would be appropriate because her abilities are technically psychic. Nope, fighting type.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-29 15:09:58
    Lumine said:

"Bozhur" is what it sounds like when a French person says it. : )

This.

Basically what I'm saying is Gary isn't French and pronounced it wrong as a result because lolGarysanidiot.

Headcanons. I has them.
  • okay! So we're going to do an update today hopefully, but I have a small problem in relation to this that we need to solve first.

See uh, I don't actually remember what to do next. I could go refer to a guide. But we're going to do the fun thing and just say "fuck it" and go wherever we please. What now, Gamefreak? 

as you can see

we've got a couple options here, option one is to go to Saffron, which is directly to our north and I think is supposed to be inaccessable at this point in the game (but it's not, as the person who made this hack undid all of those pesky "obstacles" and "things keeping you from facing trainers 20 levels above you"), we could also go to the infamously creepy Lavender Town (to our Northwest) or Fuschia, where we could explore the Safari Zone (to our Northeast).

So I'm at a crossroads here, folks, and am going to put it to a vote. I'll get an update in later today hopefully and possibly tomorrow. I won't be able to update for a bit after that since I've got a few days of work afterward.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    After the S.S. Anne, you're supposed to go through the Rock Tunnel, pass through Lavender Town, and go to Celadon to fight Erika.

Of course, here we can skip all that and go straight to Celadon. But I'm more up for exploring Lavender Town, even though there's not much we can do there yet.
  • Alright so, Rock Tunnel. Lavender Town. S-T-U-F--F

what do you think about all of this random Genji?image

a man of few words, huh? I can respect that. This LP has too many running gags as-is.

okay so we actually have to get to Lavender Town first, so let's fight sum trainerz on our way there.

wait what, only if you win?

Dude why are you being so harsh on yourself.

we're about to fuck up a marriage proposal, aren't we?

their Touhoes are the twin goddesses of the Moriya shrine. I'll let Yarrun explain this in detail because it's tangential to the LP and it's also kinda weird.

Long story short, Kanako's a snake, Suwako likes frogs.

what have I done

WAS IT WORTH IT?

WAS IT WORTH DERPY LEVELING UP AND LEARNING ENCORE?

guys I think I just ruined a couple's only chance at a happy relationship.

I'm sad now.

Although I guess "silly" is a pretty light insult.

I wish you well, young lovebirds.

Anyway, I sadly did not get a screencap, but we also ran into a fisherman who laments the fact that he enjoys fishing but also wishes he had more work.

Might I suggest Krabby-ing, my good sir?

This fisherman on the other hand

seems to have his role in life totally figured out.

Also this happened

CHEECH LEARNED HOW TO LEARN, ISN'T IT A MIRACLE?

no, but Learning is basically a clone of the move "Mimic".

Alright! So we're in Lavender Town.

Cool, I have no idea what to do here.

Let's get to finding this "Rock Tunnel", shall we? Why leaving so early? Because Lavender Town is depressing as hell, that's why. 

It also has a town pedophile.image

See?

anyway, more next time. Hopefully "next time" will be fairly soon, by the way.

• their Touhoes are the twin goddesses of the Moriya shrine. I'll let Yarrun explain this in detail because it's tangential to the LP and it's also kinda weird.

Stuff to do! I feel needed!

Gensokyo Mini-Report 7 (2)

Kanako. The Brain Behind the Moriya Shrine. The Master Schemer. The Ever-Changing Goddess.

Kanako, first and foremost, is a pragmatist. She's willing to try anything if it may increase her power and ensure her survival as a goddess. That said, let's begin.

Kanako started out as a goddess who challenged Suwako for control of her kingdom, Moriya (Suwako is a native deity, which means she's limited to a certain area). Though she defeated Suwako by rusting her advanced metal weapons, she couldn't convince Suwako's people to worship her. So, she and Suwako had to work together to regain the people's faith, resulting in the Moriya Shrine situation.

When the Moriya Shrine started losing faith in the modern world, Kanako decided to move the shrine to Gensokyo. This sudden competition for faith caused Reimu to attack her, resulting in TH 10, Mountain of Faith.

Ever since then, Kanako's been a subtle source of conflict in Gensokyo. In fact, almost every game that occured after TH 10 has been directly or indirectly caused by Kanako's schemes to garner faith. Most notably, she's the one who prompted the Utsuho to swallow the Sun God corpse, resulting in TH 11, which subsequently resulted in TH 12 (we'll talk about that more when we get to Byakuren), which subsequently resulted in TH 13 (which came out after this game; thus, we won't be talking about it).
  • Haven't forgotten about this. Will attempt to get an update in either tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime can I get a show of hands just to make sure people besides myself and Yarrun are still reading this?

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Don't worry, I'm still interested.

And hey, we're about to go into the cave where all the crazy cosplayers live. Who'd want to miss that?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aight.

Just checking. Wasn't gonna continue if it was just one person reading.

Anyhow that update will have to wait til tomorrow I am so damn tired you guys don't even knooow.

HOPEFULLY I'll get a good one in tomorrow. Here's for it.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I read it
  • I'm reading it, even though I'm only a casual fan of both things.
  • oh shit, there's an update happening RIGHT NOW. I lied.

what do you think of that random Stig of the Dump?

I concur wholeheartedly.

Alright so let's head to that cave whatsit. But first, let's fight a random hiker.

Has anyone else ever noticed that the Pokemon staff seems to have rather odd fixations on some stuff? Shorts and Tasty Air come to mind as two of them. Maybe it's just my imagination.

So anyway we whoop him and head back to the Toho Center to get healed up, and then we're off to....THE CAVE.

I can't really concentrate right now, so the actual update-update will come a little later. I'll see y'all then.

• I'm still reading.
    Now and then.
    That has to count for something.
  • I swear I didn't forget about this, I just haven't felt like updating it lately.

I'll try to get at least a small update in pretty soon.

• So yeah this is on hiatus if that's not obvious by now.

Combined pressures from work plus a lack of interest = not very much wanting to do this.

I will resume it when I feel myself desiring to play Tohomon again.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Still love the deluge of screenshots. 
  • Bumping.

This will be resurrected by this time next week provided I can get the save off of my old computer.

If I can't, I'll have to move on to something else.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    You're quite welcome. It's good to see the adventures of Natalie have a chance to continue.
  • NATALIE

anyway, "by next week" does not necessarily mean next Sunday specifically. I'll do it as soon as I port the saves over.

Actually I could probably get it in as soon as tonight if I was being ambitious, but I don't want to stress myself.

• edited 2012-10-09 03:50:04
    Transient.
  • 'sup, bitches?

People have been asking me, "Super Lazuli, what the fuck were you doing that it took you so damn long to get back to this LP"? And the answer is 

I have no idea :D

So let's just forget about it and move on, shall we?

Let's get ourselves pumped up with some epic music in the spirit of back-ness.

Take it away random Richie Branson.

Alright, let's do this shit. 

Now where were we?

Cave, right. I sure hope we're prepared, because I'm not bothering to check! Why would I do that? That makes entirely too much sense.

Also, something I'm noticing is that with my new laptop's much larger screen and higher resolution, everything on this emulator looks horridly blocky and pixellated. I'm hoping there's a way to fix this, but for now I suppose I'll just have to deal with it.

Let's go in this har cave

...really?

Okay, uh. I guess we should see if we have a Flash HM.

No, no we don't.

So um...hm. This is going to be interesting, isn't it?

I suppose we could just look up where to find it, but what's the fun in that? The choice is yours, Heapers' Hangout, what do I do from here?

I'll update again as soon as I get a consensus.

I do apologize, I totally forgot about this and had wanted to make my return update a pretty big one. Guess I should've checked first, but in the meantime I guess I can grind? I'll post if anything interesting happens.

• The wise man does not wander around in the dark when he knows there is light. However, the brave man will not ask for outside help when he knows he's capable of doing it himself (or the exceedingly stubborn man).