I just ate a KFC Famous Bowl

edited 2012-07-30 17:36:53 in General
Ask me whatever questions you want, I guess.

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    According to the KFC website, there are three kinds. Which one did you have?
  • They gave me a bowl with chicken, gravy, cheese and corn, all resting on a bed of mashed potatoes.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    sounds awesome
  • Ask me whatever questions you want, I guess.

Why do you still not have an avatar.
  • Did you eat it yourself?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

are you the duke of winsborough 

• @Lazlo: 'Cause I don't wanna!

@Zombie: I had a friend with me. He got the Double Down.

@future: I don't have any Scottish ancestors.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    My arteries hardened a bit just seeing this thread...
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    They still sell the Double Down?

I'm kinda surprised if only if it seemed like a marketing gimmick. 

I remember when it came out and the media hailed it as the end to western civilization, despite it only having slightly more calories than a Burger King Whooper.
  • I had a Double Down once. Not my favorite "sandwich" by any means, but it was alright.
  • ^^ My friend couldn't even finish his.
  • There's too much stuff going on at once, flavor and texture-wise, yeah.
  • I want the new chicken tenders they came out with, they're easily the size of normal pieces.

I know I said before that I wasn't going to stop going to Chick-Fil-A but maybe I may have to get used to KFC...
  • I actually don't like KFC too much, though their chicken is better than Chick-fil-A's imo (I only really like the waffle fries and milkshakes at Chick-fil-A).
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That bowl looks delicious.
  • That feel when you see Americans talking about fast food offerings that you don't recognise in the slightest because they aren't available in your country...
  • edited 2012-07-31 09:18:08
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    Not having KFC must suck.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-31 09:34:13
    "If you want hot meat stuck between two buns and covered in sauce, the way GAWD meant it to be enjoyed, it's Chick-fil-A or the flames of hey-ull!"

Best skit Conan's had possibly all summer.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What I don't understand about the whole Chick-Fil-A thing are the people who act like queer people wanting to boycott the chain constitutes some sort of crime against free speech because "a company is allowed to have an opinion."

A company most certainly is allowed to have an opinion, but I am under no obligation to give my money to companies whose opinions I disagree with.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, someone here was trying to play the free-speech card, and I was like "Bullshit, people have been using religion to justify bigotry for centuries and this is no exception. You should be ashamed. :P"
  • edited 2012-07-31 12:54:35
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

There are no Chick-fil-As in Portland to my knowledge, so I have no moral quandaries about delicious fried chicken and supporting people's who's opinions I don't agree with.

It's just as well, this is one of the most liberal cities in the entire country. All the Chick-fil-As would probably be destroyed when they where protested out of existence after being blasted by the colored symbols on protesters chests...

Wait...there's a chance I'm getting this confused with something else...do Carebears do that thing I just said or do they gather in parks for weeks at a time drinking and doing drugs until people get tired of all the rodents the discarded food of the bears has attracted and and clear them out?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    XD
    I thought KFC was accused of being racist

Supposedly this is racist.

I guess there's some implications there, but it doesn't really set off my racist-dar, especially for Australia. 
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    That's pretty racist.

I'm guessing they dropped it, though.
  • >fries

that is not KFC.

there is no way that KFC would ever serve fries.

I'm being lied to.

• Sometimes you gotta wonder what people were thinking.
  • I seriously dont understand the jokes about black peaple and fried
    chickin i mean who doesnt like fried chicken its so good also water
    melon and kool aid are good if you dont like 2/3 of those your just a
    bad person

• edited 2012-07-31 18:11:29
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Australia is not NEARLY as conscientious of race issues as the US is.

Also...maybe black folk actually bring steal drums to sporting events there, I wouldn't know, I don't go to Australian sporting events.

I'd imagine most Aussies wouldn't bat an eye at it, but it does look a bit bad over here.

Then again, maybe someone over there wasn't too pleased with it either.
  • I seriously dont understand the jokes about black peaple and fried
    chickin i mean who doesnt like fried chicken its so good also water
    melon and kool aid are good if you dont like 2/3 of those your just a
    bad person

I'll be quite honest, if that guy's saying he doesn't understand where that stereotype comes from, than neither do I. 
    Then again, maybe someone over their wasn't too pleased with it either.

over their

over their

Alright Grammar HITLER. I fixed my post.

I'm not sure where the stereo-types came from either, they've been around. Especially watermelon, that one's been around for AGES.

• That is a big fucking melon.

Also it's just a weird notion. HEY ARE YOU AWARE THAT PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT ENJOY DELICIOUS FRIED FOOD AND FRUIT?

Like, what? 

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Watermelon is really healthy, too.
  • In the United States, fried chicken has stereotypically been associated with African Americans.
    The reasons for this are various. Chicken dishes were popular among
    slaves before the Civil War, as chickens were generally the only animals
    slaves could raise on their own.
    Thank you Wikipedia that is so helpful.

I think it's because everyone ate a lot of fried food and watermelon in the south which featured a much higher black population than the northern states. 

So we get weird stuff like that statue up there.

I have no idea where grape soda came from, though.

Ninja'd. I was sorta right, I suppose.
  • I guess that, like most things related to racism, it really makes no sense when you invest any mental effort into figuring it out.
  • edited 2012-07-31 18:32:22
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    @FM: I was aware of that, but watermelon?

Bizarrely, Thomas Carlyle hated black people for eating pumpkins (in the nasty essay where the term "the dismal science" was coined).
  • Thomas Carlyle hated black people for eating pumpkins (in the nasty essay where the term "the dismal science" was coined).
    Huh, I didn't know he coined that term.

You learn something new erryday.
  • I don't know who that is, but he kind of sounds like an asshole.

Also, how can you hate on pumpkin-eating? Clearly this man has never had pie of any kind.

You know that Kant once said, "that man is black from head to toe, which proves that what he just said was stupid."

Everybody was racist then
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Lazuli: He was the most famous Victorian British historian and social critic. He developed the "great man" model of history. His antipathy to both aristocracy and equality (he thought the proper role of democracy was to raise the "noblest" from their circumstances of their birth to a sort of Enlightened despotism) and opposition to classical economics prefigured fascism, while his Sartor Resartus prefigures both existialism and postmodernism. The aforesaid racist essay also made John Stuart Mill his enemy.
  • edited 2012-07-31 19:21:01

Yeah, he's kinda a mixed bag.
    he thought the proper role of democracy was to raise the "noblest" from
    their circumstances of their birth to a sort of Enlightened despotism
    I still don't get how that's supposed to work.
  • I should get a Cinnabon next.

See what kind of derail that sparks.