Music General

edited 2012-06-28 20:31:08 in General Media

I don't know if we have one of these yet, so I am making one.

Anyway I'm about to listen to an album by Dirtwire, a band I have literally never heard of.

Comments

• Actually I like this. It's a weird combination of funkiness and folksiness.

...seriously Opera? "funkiness" is a word, but "internet" isn't?

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I have listened to nothing but Rush lately. Because I have this thing where if a band I like releases a new album, I will suddenly become re-obsessed with all their old stuff too.
  • I've been listening to Immi, the Lumines soundtrack and Justice, mostly.
    Yay, Immi!
  • I've been listinin' to lostsa prog metal.
  • I'm obsessed with Spectrum by Zedd right now.

Matt Koma kind of reminds me of Kurt from Glee, but less Broadway and more Ibiza.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

Mr. Stelar has been my favorite for quite some time now.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

why am i listening to obscure-ish german metal

• Guys I'd appreciate the vidspam be kept to a minimum.

I mean, if you're going to do that at least give more than a sentence of info, please. :/ There's nothing wrong with it per se but we do that in a bunch of other threads already, this is more for music discussion.

In other news.

I listened to Ozomatli's Don't Mess With the Dragon yesterday and it was pretty boss, it's a bit like if Santana suddenly found himself in the company of a DJ and several rappers (which incidentally, Santana gave Ozo one of their first big breaks).

• I've been enjoying Spotify's premium features thanks to a 2-day trial I got through the mobile app.

It's pretty awesome. I listened to Wolfgang Gartner's album Weekend in America and it got me hooked. MSTRKRFT and Porter Robinson also showed their awesomeness to me through it, and I also had a bit of a Does It Offend You, Yeah? listening party with both of their albums back to back.

And all of this without playing any pir8ed songs. I feel good.

...I would be a happy camper if I could have Spotify forever. It'd make me feel like less of a lowlife I guess.
  • Is the Music General a Modern Major General?
  • edited 2012-07-03 01:03:37
    :|
    Been listening to Since I Left You by The Avalanches. I wish that they'd come out with their new album soon, because there's literally nothing else that sounds like them. Maybe DJ Shadow's Entroducing, but he's never been able to top that.

• Their new album's gonna feature Danny Brown, which I am hyped for.

I'd disagree that their sound is totally unique though. You familiar with Rjd2?

• I've heard The Third Hand. I didn't like it, but apparently the rest of his albums sound much different.
  • They all sound rather different.

I'd go look up "The Horror", s'pretty boss.

• edited 2012-07-04 23:38:11
    :|
    This is the most disgusting non-Anal Cunt song I've ever heard. Naturally, I must share it:

• I prefer it when people refer to them by their "censored" name of AxCx

not because I'm offended by the band's name or anything, but because Axe Cox is a much better name for a band than "Anal Cunt".

I never liked that name either...I realize they were going for "shocking" and "parodic" but still...
  • Maybe it's a metaphor for an impossible sex act?
  • inkblot said:

This is the most disgusting non-Anal Cunt song I've ever heard.

Bitchplz.

I present, for your listening... pleasure: Passenger Of Shit with their memetic single I Staple Tapeworms On My Penis

• ...Yeah, that's definitely up there.
  • Smash the guitars, burn the synths, because no band will ever top this.

• edited 2012-07-06 22:13:27
    >tfw The Beatles hit notes in chest register you have to use falsetto to reach
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Have I won the Obscurity Wars yet?
    Yes. I bestow upon thee the title of "Hipsterus Maximus".

• New kinda-guilty pleasure.
  • edited 2012-07-08 07:58:09
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Of Monsters And Men is my current addiction.