The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    *Gnaws*
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ABC Family is boring
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Is it time to ramble about license plates some more
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Go right ahead
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wish FL had stuck with this design. The oranges on the current one look too "red" and not very appetizing, and the "MYFLORIDA.COM" at the top is stupid.
  • edited 2011-07-25 22:28:52
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ITC Garamond, how 80s
  • edited 2011-07-25 22:46:45
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    One thing about Flordia plates that drives me insane:

In the '90s, there was a rash of tourist murders in Florida. Tourists could be easily targeted because their rental cars were from Miami-Dade County, so the state began issuing some plates with the "Sunshine State" slogan in place of the county name.

Here's the thing that drives me mad: Since you obviously don't need to have the county name on the plate (as evidenced by the issuance of "Sunshine State" plates in every county), why continue to make the county-name plates at all? I mean, it's not a big deal, but I've always disliked license plates that prominently feature the county name, and I don't see the logic in issuing county-name plates alongside slogan plates.
    I don't recall Colorado ever doing that.
    This kind of mistake in Google Street View always amuses me

(oh god, I've started crossposting between the two sites)
  • edited 2011-07-25 23:07:28
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ Ohio used to use county name stickers across the bottom, but since about 10 years ago they've just used a small sticker in the corner with a number indicating the county. Much less conspicuous, IMO, though I'm still not sure why they need the county in the first place.
    I should probably play with type testers
    And now I'm no longer feeling angry but I'm feeling all wired.

I can live with this
    That sounds good
    God, I feel like I've spent the entire week or so since I got back from Georgia embarrassing myself in front of Yack Fest.
    How so
    I don't know, I keep going on about how terrible I feel, or just posting inane things in general (like the extended discussion in the pony thread about the nature of transgendered ponies)

Now that I think about it, though, the worst of my angsting has been restricted to PMs, and the people I was talking with seemed pretty understanding.
    I haven't been feeling very great lately, and my approach to this has been the opposite: doing things other than posting on the forums.

For some reason, not talking to people about my negative feelings tends to make me feel better.
  • edited 2011-07-26 00:22:23
    I think, for me, a lot of times I don't quite understand my negative feelings, so talking them out with someone gives me a better perspective on my "problems" and helps make me feel better. And I don't really have anyone to talk to in real life, so I've turned to people on the forums.

Also for some reason I feel compelled to mention that I'm no longer feeling angsty over my gender.
  • edited 2011-07-26 00:38:28
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm not sure if I should have said "feel better" or something else
    Weirdly, I'm actually feeling close to "normal" now, albeit very bored.
    ...why is the original version of this tending to veer into depressing/creepyland lately
    I don't know.

I'm kinda hoping it'll pass, just like LGBT-thread-as-Fetishes passed.
    I've been watching SGC2C
    I've never really watched that, oddly enough, though it seems like something I would've loved as a child despite not actually getting any of the humor.

Also, why am I craving Penn & Teller: Bullshit? This isn't fucking 2009.
  • VT torpes is down like a rabid dog in a fight against Atticus Finch
    Yeah.

It's weird how for months everything works fine and then every once in a while there's a week or two where TV Tropes crashes on a pretty much daily basis.
  • Down for me too.

Makes me sad panda.
  • Anybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy find meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • somebody tooooooooooooooooooooo love.
  • Each morning I get up I die a little,
  • Can barely stand on my feet!
  • Take a look in the mirror and cry,
  • It's being a cocktease right now. Updownupdownupdown
  • Yeah, now it's even harder to flood the forums at TVT with our intellectual conversations about things like dongs.
    ABC INC
  • I'm pissed off and unhappy.

If this has something to do with the ARG, I'm gonna be really angry.
  • I'm just not very well at all right now. But, I'm not going to blood here with my issues.
  • edited 2011-07-26 02:35:59
    Your name is CENTRAL AVENUE.

From the time you were a colt, you've had a fascination with the ROADS and how they get everypony to their destinations. Most of your free time is spent at the LIBRARY in Ponyville, poring over books of FARAWAY PLACES and MAPS of the roads that lead to them. You dream of the day you can head off along the roads of Equestria to see the country for yourself, even though as a pegasus you have no need to even use roads.

Your poniker is
    continentalAutoroute and you have a Tendency to emphasize Words seemingly At Random

(I never get tired of posting that)

• >Retrieve hooves from chest
  • TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEES
  • tv

tropes

ewbviupobgvwerpbnqb pwbh8w0984hwb0pppp4wnjohy4wpa;;ghq[GRHNJPQI;PQNV4W98HBQ89Pgh089-9prnjm[-qwjw32h8-9wnhgvhu4w90qb-v[qhwpvmf
  • You wake up in a dank place. It smells awful. By the dim light from a tiny window, you see that you are in a cell. You have a companion....though he's been here for a very long time and doesn't much appreciate the company.

What do you do?

a. Try to find an exit (turn to page 2)

b. lick the floor (turn to page 3)
    *turns to page 3*
  • You lick the floor. Disgusting! You begin to realize why father was such a neat freak and made you bleach the toilets everyday at 6:00. However, you do find a small, colorful mushroom on the ground.

Do you

a. Eat it (turn to page five)

b. Shove your head through the tiny window (turn to page six)