The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It's surprisingly hard to pretend to build a conglomerate
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Especially when you're trying to make it vaguely make sense, huh?
    Yeah.

I don't know why I think about it so much.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Because it's fun?
  • Man, the Heap here is moving kinda fast. Pretty soon, it's gonna have 1,500 pages
    I should probably make another class picture.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    This is the new Heap, since Homestuck trolls took over the first one.
  • edited 2011-07-24 19:53:57
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason I find it funny that you say you "probably should", as if it really makes a difference.

^ We didn't wanna outright say it, but...more or less, yeah.
  • That one got too popular? So, this is the Hipster Heap?
    successful trolls are successful

(Won't Get Fooled Again goes here)
    This is where the true spirit of the Heap shall live. The spirit of anorakism and hipsterism and obscurity.
    AMERICA
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Let's all chip in and buy a football!
    ESPN has some footballs

I kinda wonder what made them think this was ok.
    eurgh
    According to 15Q, the State of Delaware wasn't happy about it either, and their next contract stipulated that the plate supplier must "match" the previous typeface.

(Which they did, more or less)
  • edited 2011-07-25 01:22:44
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They're very spartan.
    That's one of the unique things about Delaware plates, they're very spartan and aside from minor tweaks they haven't really been changed in decades.

It's also interesting to note that Delaware has pretty much always used flat plates, even before the laser-printed-license-plate trend of the 2000s.
  • edited 2011-07-25 01:29:31
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also upon further thought I find it kinda funny that Delaware is one of very few states that is small enough that they can still get away with using all-numeric serials on their plates.

(The only other one I know of is Rhode Island, and even they have used letters in the past)
    I like this

i should binge that site
    I binged that site back in '08 when I first found it, then a little today to see what had changed since I binged it last.

It's one of the most complete license plate sites I've seen, for US plates at least.
    Why am I so tired already? I didn't even get up that early!

I mean I spent a few hours moving furniture and vacuuming up water, but still
    I want candy (bubblegum and taffy).
    ...Now you've got me wanting candy.

I swear you do that on purpose. :P
    I went and ate some
    Meanwhile I had a couple brownies, so I guess we're good now.
    Mount Rainier does seem tacked on.
  • edited 2011-07-25 03:08:20
    Also I don't really care for the asymmetrical placement of the stickers in the second one.
    In the first...those swashes

good
    I think I'm becoming obsessed with license plates again.

</CaptainObvious>
  • edited 2011-07-25 03:33:58
    This is the one I associate most with them, as it was in use when I would binge on Saved by the Bell reruns in elementary school.
    Is it weird that I kind of miss when TNT was essentially TBS's copy
    I don't know, I don't really remember much about either of those channels
    The UK number plate system confuses the heck out of me, but I do kinda like this design:
  • edited 2011-07-25 04:24:15
    Binging sportslogos.net has made me realize that my enthusiasm for logo caps has waned
  • edited 2011-07-25 04:25:57
    That's always a weird feeling for me, to go back and look at something I once loved only to find I don't really care about it anymore.

What's even weirder is that later when I go back and look at it again, it interests me again.
    And for some reason the Coote Hayes Productions logo popped into my head:

Good night
  • edited 2011-07-25 04:40:34
    I'm considering making a thread for that here, seeing as how we spend more time here now than we used to
    Good morning!
    timewarner

time warner
  • edited 2011-07-25 15:34:22
    A "timewarner" almost sounds like something out of a science fiction show, but I have no idea what it would do.
    sugar pill
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    *Gnaws*
    But then GlaxoSmithKline went bankrupt so it had to sell everything to Disney, who wasted no time in attempting to court a young demographic with OTC Disney product
  • edited 2011-07-25 19:02:13
    Disney + drugs = nightmare fuel
    So now I have the problem of not knowing which Heap to post my anoraky stuff in