The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2011-07-24 00:55:20
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Should I embed news stuff?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sure, why not.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I had wanted to make a throwback to this, if I had talent and tools:

• Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Youtube embeds are huge on my iPod.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ For some reason I got distracted by the clip of Phil Hartman

^ They're pretty big on an actual computer, too, at least compared to the ones I'm used to for a forum like this.
    That there is the work of TVbD.

I love them.
    For some reason it's weird to think that there was a time when the two of us weren't obsessed with My Little Pony.
  • edited 2011-07-24 02:40:50
    I don't.

Though for some reason it's probably the one I like best.
    Wait, was that in response to something or are you just posting nonsense...?
    I was responding to you.
    Now I'm confused. What's probably the one you like best?
    MLP is my favorite obsession!

I have a habit of phrasing things weirdly
    Ok, yeah, that makes sense.

It's probably my favorite obsession, too, if only because I have a best friend and an entire fandom to share it with.
    I have a habit of phrasing things weirdly
    You and me both.
    Why do I watch Cow and Chicken? It's not really all that good
    I've found that something doesn't really have to be very good to be entertaining.
    Binging on anorak things makes me feel good
    Me too.

Though right now I'm watching the latest episode of Penn & Teller: Fool Us. I like stage magic.

(If anyone asks, I had a friend in the UK record it and then throw the tape across the Atlantic Ocean)
    The creepy thoughts will not leave and have, in fact, gotten worse, so I am attempting to drive them out with WBRZ music.
  • edited 2011-07-24 03:25:50
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I hate intrusive thoughts.

I've had a few of my own lately and I am not sure how to get rid of them other than by distracting myself.
  • edited 2011-07-24 03:33:45
    You know I want to make variations on this where the camera zooms out to more and more people:

(not the same WBRZ music, but in fact Gari's Pride Inside)
    For some reason I'm picturing some type of Overly Long Gag where the camera zooms out and eventually reveals like a whole crowd.
    This music is so badass:

Why does jcbD make me feel good?
    You just love makin' me google initialisms, don't ya? :P
    and yes, that music is awesome
  • edited 2011-07-24 03:48:27
    It is one of the original arrangements of Non-Stop's Primetime News.

It is almost 20 years old. It was updated in 2006 along with most of its siblings; the new cuts have the "Hollywood" sound, and AFAIK have only been used by KOIN in Portland, OR.
    You know sometimes I wonder what makes us get "obsessed" with the things we do.

I was thinking about this the other day after I saw an appraiser on Storage Wars who enthusiastically rambled about different types of watches before telling the buyer they bought a fake.
    I used to find it weird that a "kid" liked things he deemed "adult". Then as I got older, I found they weren't "adult" but they were simply not normal.

Also, I found some weird glitch: I was reading the old pages of this thread, ended back here, and then clicked out and was greeted with "27 new" under this thread.
    I think I pretty much always knew that my interests were simply not normal, mainly because neither the kids nor adults I knew found them interesting.

I remember being very confused as a child whenever I had to explain the difference between state and US routes (or US and Interstate routes) to an adult, as I assumed such a thing would be common knowledge among anyone who drove regularly.

Also Vanilla seems very glitchy for something that's been around as long as it has.
    Reading about the Interstates makes me want to go on AARoads.
    I've been wanting to look at some of their Kentucky pages, but I haven't done it yet.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna head to bed now. Good night.
    Good night
  • edited 2011-07-24 16:05:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I always thought this was one of the more clever examples of license plate design. The pattern alternated every year, making it easy for law enforcement to instantly spot expired plates, but they're all embossed from the same dies, just with the elements flipped/re-arranged.

• I kinda like those. Pretty simple, but a good design.

(Also, BALLS)
    And of course, then they switched to this:

Lack imagination much?
  • Because if a design is good, why keep it? Who needs a simple, easy to recognize look that isn't over the top when you can make something crappy.
  • edited 2011-07-24 16:55:31
    It almost wouldn't be that bad, if not for the unnecessary shading on the mountains.

...and for some reason I tried imagining it as a "flat" plate, and it was hideous.

Also none of ours are very good. (I have the latest design on my car; mother has the 2004 design)
    You know that almost doesn't look like a link.
    I know. I've grown accustomed to links having that little icon after them, even though that's usually something you see on wikis and not forums.
  • edited 2011-07-24 17:22:44
    I mean it looks the same color as the non-link text
    That too.

Though I seem to remember from experience with IJBM2 that nearly every other Vanilla theme is even worse with differentiating the links.
  • edited 2011-07-24 17:35:04
    I was planning to go through them soon, possibly excepting Big City (as IJBM has used that for the majority of its existence)
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Every license plate here has six digits. It's weird.
    I have one of each of Ohio's plate designs since I was born hanging in this room, except for the 2009-present "Beautiful Ohio" design, which I currently have on my car.

(This is only counting the major design changes, not minor things like die or typeface changes, because I don't care enough to put that much money/effort into my collection)
  • edited 2011-07-24 18:28:57
    ABC Inc suddenly wants to buy more stuff.

What should it buy
    A movie studio.
  • edited 2011-07-24 18:54:41
    ...That's what I was thinking

Summit Entertainment, maybe.
    For some reason my first thought was to go look up Summit Entertainment on CLG Wiki