Types with the energy of old people who use their middle fingers to point

For whatever reason, the ITC catalog is loaded with such.

Sure, Avant Garde Gothic and Benguiat's eponymous serif are quite durable. Serif Gothic is beautiful and its alternates and ligatures need to be digitized. American Typewriter straddles eras deftly. But some of their siblings are surprisingly sluggish and frumpy for the '70s.

Take ITC Garamond, the quintessential "old people who use their middle fingers to point" type family:

(Not the whole family, but perhaps the Condensed Book and its Italic counterpart best demonstrate what I'm talking about)

I was going to list Avant Garde's slab-serif variation, Lubalin Graph, but it's definitely not nearly as sluggish as ITC Garamond:

Comments

• FINALLY A GOOD FLIPPING THREAD

GUESS WHAT FINGERS I  AM TYPING THIS WITH
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I use my middle finger to press buttons all the time. Since it's the longest finger, I don't have to move my hand as far.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Okay but like that's not pointing
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    technically it is, for a moment before the finger reaches the surface of the pressbutton
  • I AM POINTING THISVENTIRE TIME
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    ITC Garamond was the basis for Apple Garamond, and that font will always remond me of the late 1980s and early 1990s (even though Apple used it into the 2000s).