Notice of Regime Change in the (Former) Principality of Centralia

Dear Subjects;

As of today, I have been unanimously acclaimed popular monarch of Centralia by a joint declaration of the Parliament, the House of Representatives, the House of Outliers, the Builders' Guild, the Builders' League, the Centralian Candy Manufacture Authority, the House of Lords, and the Council on Absurd Mathematics. This follows my election as president of Centralia earlier this week.

I am honored and my soul is lightened by being so thoroughly invested with power by the will of the people. As we all know, authority comes from the consent of the governed, and as such under my enlightened rule, the archaic monarchial title of Princess has been replaced with a proper Queenship in the popular style. 

As such, it is my joy to address you today as Agathe I, Queen of The Centralians. A crown has already been prepared for me, and the rest of the royal vestments are to follow shortly.

I look forward to leading you into the 21st Century as your Queen. May we all prosper together~

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the Royal Cow did not approve of this
  • Makima is listening....

No? I'm surprised to hear such, given that we already approved doubling your royal allotment of DOOM wads and pictures of anime women with huge tits.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I hope you guys aren’t buying this. The notion that Centralia could ever be ruled by a childish, egotistical, tyrannical brat with delusions of grandeur is absurd on its face.

The notion that Centralia could ever be ruled by a childish, egotistical, tyrannical brat with delusions of grandeur is absurd on its face.

Indeed, it is.

No? I'm surprised to hear such, given that we already approved doubling your royal allotment of DOOM wads and pictures of anime women with huge tits.
    oh? I'm on board then
    Happy to have you :)
  • edited 2023-01-11 16:19:59
    I suppose it was bound to happen eventually.  Enlightenment and consent-of-the-governed are like cold iron to magical monarchy (which has always been oddly weak to surprise coups and uprisings).  Sic Transit Gloria Centrali.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    WHAT ARE YOU PEPOLE TALIKING ABOUT SHE'S CLEARLY MAKING ALL THIS UP
  • i don't buy this regime change thing either.  for starters, this new "ruler" has a ton of documents, including the aforementioned joint declaration, signed repeatedly by... waluigi.

and we all know, nothing about Centralia has ever been made up before
    Ali_Roz said:

I suppose it was bound to happen eventually.  Enlightenment and consent-of-the-governed are like cold iron to magical monarchy (which has always been oddly weak to surprise coups and uprisings).  Sic Transit Gloria Centrali.

I'm glad you understand.

and we all know, nothing about Centralia has ever been made up before
    Yeah, but the stuff I make up is real!
  • edited 2023-01-12 04:52:08
    Touch the cow. Do it now.

Yeah, but the stuff I make up is real!

Have to admit, this is a very quintessentially "you" sort of statement
  • well the way canon works is that the stuff that's made up first is more real than the stuff that's made up later

so the princess is right on this

well the way canon works is that the stuff that's made up first is more real than the stuff that's made up later

so the princess is right on this
    I don't think that's true.
    I have never seen canon defined that way, ever.
  • well the creators can define it otherwise, but then the fans argue over it, and the fans tend to prefer the older versions, generally
  • No, no, you silly sophisticates:  Truth is self-evident.  There is no why or how or because, it simply is.
    Ali_Roz said:

No, no, you silly sophisticates:  Truth is self-evident.  There is no why or how or because, it simply is.

Truth is a weapon, and an ever-weakening one.
  • edited 2023-01-15 06:22:35

Ali_Roz said:

No, no, you silly sophisticates:  Truth is self-evident.  There is no why or how or because, it simply is.

Truth is a weapon, and an ever-weakening one.
    Oh say, what is truth? 'Tis the fairest gem

That the riches of worlds can produce,
    And priceless the value of truth will be when
    The proud monarch's costliest diadem
    Is counted but dross and refuse.

Yes, say, what is truth? 'Tis the brightest prize
    To which mortals or Gods can aspire;
    Go search in the depths where it glittering lies
    Or ascend in pursuit to the loftiest skies.
    'Tis an aim for the noblest desire.

The sceptre may fall from the despot's grasp
    When with winds of stern justice he copes,
    But the pillar of truth will endure to the last,
    And its firm-rooted bulwarks outstand the rude blast,
    And the wreck of the fell tyrant's hopes.

Then say, what is truth? 'Tis the last and the first,
    For the limits of time it steps o'er.
    Though the heavens depart and the earth's fountains burst,
    Truth, the sum of existence, will weather the worst,
    Eternal, unchanged, evermore.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Consider also how this Queenship would push into the role of “rebel leader princess” (or perhaps, “foremost instigator of pernicious anarchism”, if you prefer) one who is perfectly suited for it.

Consider, also, conqueror, that to have is one thing, and to hold is another.

Of course, if your rule is truly as glorious as you claim, then such things are of no consequence.
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Consider also TRIPLEPOST TOAST THE TOAST WITH THE MOAST

BELOVED BY ALL FROM COAST TO COAST

TRIPLEPOST TOAST BACKS UP ITS BOASTS

all this talk of Truth is making me miss Jeff Beck again
    Aliroz said:

Consider also how this Queenship would push into the role of “rebel leader princess” (or perhaps, “foremost instigator of pernicious anarchism”, if you prefer) one who is perfectly suited for it.

Consider, also, conqueror, that to have is one thing, and to hold is another.

Of course, if your rule is truly as glorious as you claim, then such things are of no consequence.

I think perhaps the new Centralia will be an alligator-free one.
  • Demanding the removal of any reptiles would be a very poor choice on your part.
    I would withdraw my support
    So this is how the revolution ends....
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'm good as is, thanks.
    I think I'm winning! 😏
    The evidence says otherwise.

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I mean she's winning the struggle for Centralia because you've lost the mandate of heaven, you might be able to win hand-to-hand if she doesn't get Haruspex to turn her into a Showa-era Kamen Rider
    Hmm, very true.

I'll have to send a dispatch to the President of China.
  • Send enough dispatches and they become a disquilt, which tend to get caught on things and lost, especially in the Radial Arm Water Mazes.  You know what they say, dis patch is not intended for dis RAWM.