Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    but jane

freddie mercury died in 1991
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • I gotta go get it, I gotta go get it
    I gotta go get it, I gotta go get it
    My name gon' hold up, my team gon' hold up
    My name gon' hold up, my team gon' hold up
  • lol

Could you not?
  • Ali_Roz said:

lol

Could you not?
    I will not not. My own mild bemusement at the death of England's former queen does nothing to impugn the system she was part of that continues to be in place after her death. If you want to be mad at someone for a lack of decorum, you can start with the many British services using her passing as an excuse to suspend service.
  • I don't care about the decorum or the politics, I care about the loss to the world of millinery this represents, and the over 5,000 hats that are now bereft of their curator and collector.

In my opinion, they ought to abolish the monarchy, resume the suspended services, and set up a public system of hat museums and haberdasheries so that everyone can have access to spiffy hats.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ali_Roz said:

I don't care about the decorum or the politics, I care about the loss to the world of millinery this represents, and the over 5,000 hats that are now bereft of their curator and collector.

In my opinion, they ought to abolish the monarchy, resume the suspended services, and set up a public system of hat museums and haberdasheries so that everyone can have access to spiffy hats.
    Aliroz you should read the comic strip Curtis, and more specifically the recurring Sunday strip where Curtis and his younger brother look at elaborate hats the ladies in their church are wearing
    Tuesday's Top Ten: Make a Hat Day! |
  • oh dang i haven't seen that recurring theme or even Curtis comics in *years*.  but now that you mention it, i do remember it.  i used to read the sunday comics pretty often.  i did not attend a church where the ladies wore such hats, so this remained in a dusty corner of my head untouched.  (so much so that i actually somehow did not remember this meme when i learned about congresswoman Frederica Wilson's many hats much later.)

thanks for the throwback to my childhood
    church: it's all about making people look at YOU
  • Hey, Imi, did you ever consider that the hats need to attend service as well?
    suppose people are just mechanisms for moving hats around

church: it's all about making people look at YOU

The church crown as a means of self-expression in social gatherings that are nevertheless considered holy has a complex history in black culture in the united states https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_crown
    People have odd rituals, but what else is new
    anyway, I suppose the topic of crowns brings us back to the Queen
  • Her hat collection has almost certainly been scattered by now.