Pretty Cure

edited 2021-05-16 19:59:16 in General Media
Because somehow we didn't already have a thread for this franchise.

Comments

• Pretty Cure is probably the best anime franchise that exists.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    healin' good
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Cure Black and Cure White are absolutely gay for each other

I don't make the rules
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You see, the joke is that I do, in fact, make the rules, being the forum admin and all
    “Cure Ga Mer” – Jane, 2021
    Actual episodes of Fresh PreCure! that really, actually exist: (spoilers ahead)
    • The episode in which Cure Pine gains the ability to talk to animals because the fairy mascot was constipated
    • The episode in which Cure Berry's mom mistakenly believes Cure Berry has become a teenage mother and is hiding it from her
    • The episode that ends with all three of the main girls passing out in public because they've been neglecting their health and an ambulance has to take them to the emergency room
    • The episode that tries really hard to fake out the audience and convince us one of the side characters is going to become the secret fourth Cure, even though we already know she's not (Admittedly, I might have fallen for this one if I were actually a child.)
    • An episode dealing with the reformed villain's guilt and trauma over having spent her entire life up to that point in what was essentially a cult
    ...and I've only gotten halfway through the series!
    sounds wild and wacky
  • I remember all of those except the third one
  • to be fair

> The episode that tries really hard to fake out the audience and convince us one of the side characters is going to become the secret fourth Cure, even though we already know she's not (Admittedly, I might have fallen for this one if I were actually a child.)

this is a late arrival spoiler
    I mean, not really? I didn't know any spoilers for the season going in, but the foreshadowing was heavy enough that it wasn't difficult to guess that Setsuna would join the team as the fourth member.

Granted, it is a show for children, and I think they kind of, like...intentionally laid the foreshadowing on really thick so that even elementary school-aged children could pick up on it and feel really smart for having figured out what was going to happen.
  • edited 2021-07-17 16:13:31
    I mean, there was nothing saying that Miyuki can't *also* join
    and then Imicow joined
  • now you're reminding me to finish watching the first season.

and then Imicow joined

cure dairy
    Cure Dairy, since Cure Milky already exists
  • haha i didn't even know there's already a Cure Milky
    Cure Milky is from Star Twinkle. She's themed around the Milky Way!
  • haha i didn't even know there's already a Cure Milky

• My favorite henshin sequence from this season was actually that of the mid-season Cure, which is probably one of the showiest and most elaborate that they've ever done.
    I enjoy the henshin sequences from Star Twinkle a lot because it's one of the few where they sing a little song as they transform
  • move over "lyrical" Nanoha
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Actual episodes of Fresh PreCure! that really, actually exist: (spoilers ahead)

• The episode in which Cure Pine gains the ability to talk to animals because the fairy mascot was constipated
    • The episode in which Cure Berry's mom mistakenly believes Cure Berry has become a teenage mother and is hiding it from her
    • The episode that ends with all three of the main girls passing out in public because they've been neglecting their health and an ambulance has to take them to the emergency room
    • The episode that tries really hard to fake out the audience and convince us one of the side characters is going to become the secret fourth Cure, even though we already know she's not (Admittedly, I might have fallen for this one if I were actually a child.)
    • An episode dealing with the reformed villain's guilt and trauma over having spent her entire life up to that point in what was essentially a cult
    ...and I've only gotten halfway through the series!
    god there's other wild shit isn't there

i only recently watched and finished the show
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    One of my favorite bits of Pretty Cure lore is that Tsubomi from HeartCatch joins NASA so she can spread flowers throughout the universe