The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Maybe an item that fits into small spaces and retrieves stuff, like the thing in Metroid where you turn into a ball and fit into tubes and stuff?  I don't know, I've never played Castlevania.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the morph ball? sure
  • you *can* transform into a toad in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, so...
    Oh yeah

But it's not garlic
  • If you could turn into a Garlic Toad then the game would be way too easy.  All those baddies wouldn't stand a chance.

Why do you think we practically never see those baddies in real life?
    Garlic toad is OP
  • eh kills vapmires and doent afraid of anything
  • choclate  frog
  • Some stay dry and others feel the pog.
    garlic pog
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Today’s date is kind of neat

7/14/21

it's like, a pattern
  • YOUR KING and his child
  • I hope that person who posted here bc they wanted to learn about Listening to 11.975 MHz a few years ago is doing okay. They seemed nice.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Deep Opal said:

I hope that person who posted here bc they wanted to learn about Listening to 11.975 MHz a few years ago is doing okay. They seemed nice.

yeah

who was that
  • edited 2021-07-29 01:18:24
    It was Eevster72.
    oh
  • Jeez I realized I hadn’t thought about Forsythe in, like, years and hearing the name of the comic just unlocked all that

welp
    it was a good comic
    Tre said:

Jeez I realized I hadn’t thought about Forsythe in, like, years and hearing the name of the comic just unlocked all that

welp
    I will admit that during March Madness in 2019 I was rooting against Texas Tech ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF HIM

Petty for sure but...
  • edited 2021-08-07 02:02:18

(FYI Mr. Rivera is a comedian)
    well said, Alfredo
  • edited 2021-08-07 19:35:32
    I never really interacted much with Corporal Forsythe, as his time here was mostly before my own.  I like to think that we could have been friends, if things had happened differently.  Perhaps it's best not to write too much more about stuff I have practically no context on, though.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I hesitated for a long time on banning Forsythe, because I worried that banning the one prominent conservative voice on the forum risked turning it into an echo chamber where our political views went unchallenged, but...I learned my lesson once I realized the extent to which conservative politics, at least in the American sense, are fundamentally built on hate and white supremacy.

Which is to say, I think I made the right decision, in the end, which is more than I can say for a lot of other moderation decisions I made on here.
    There was a point in my life when I wanted to become a moderator in every online community I participated in, not because I thought I would be a great asset to the community, and not even because of a raw lust for power, but because I wanted to be privy to the behind-the-scenes gossip that I assumed must be happening in the moderator-only spaces.

Nowadays, honestly, I would be content to never have to moderate an online community again for as long as I live...and when I want to gossip about whatever's going on in our wider community, I just go to one of my tiny private Discord servers and gossip with my other friends. We're probably all better off this way.
    the Corporal was fine as long as he wasn't talking about politics

but, he wanted to make everything about politics
  • edited 2021-08-07 19:42:59
    @PrincessAlice: I'm conservative, though.  Then again, I'm not much of a prominent voice in that regard.

@ImipolexG:  That is a common problem among people who post on the internet.
  • I identify as a conservative, at least philosophically, even though my political positions more frequently align with liberals/progressives.

(The reasoning is complicated, but it has something to do with me favoring incrementalism with a consideration for preserving elements of the past.  I also frequently prefer non-"normative" justifications for liberal policy positions, such as using cost-benefit justifications for environmental policy positions.  I used to be more conservative on social/moral issues but I've grown more small-L libertarian in this regard as I've grown up.)

Anyhow, I guess it's still a truth of the internet -- those who aren't mods want to be mods; those who are mods don't want to be mods.
  • You know, it's annoying to wake up hungry and realize you're out of stuff to eat for breakfast.

It's even more annoying because it's my birthday and I feel that a great birthday present my past self could have given me was to not eat all the breakfast food.

But the worst part is that one of the things I finished off yesterday was a box of "birthday cake" flavoured cereal.
    Oh hey, we have birthdays less than a week apart.

Happy birthday! I hope you get the breakfast situation sorted!!
    Happy birthday
  • Happy birthday, both of you.
    no Dreamcast Day?
    is there still enough activity around here to do the Halloween name change thing
    I wasn't really planning on it, but also, it's not like it requires a lot of effort, so if people wanna do it, I'll do it.
    I would do it if others are interested
    others are evidently not interested
  • I am interested!
  • I thought about this but couldn't decide whether to dress up as Homura or Rayne or someone else this year.
    be imaginative, think of someone new
  • Yay, Halloween's soon!

-Passes out Twinkies-

Now none of you have to go out and get treats.  No, they're not old, I got them from a robot who gets them from the alternate universe where they still make them.  Interesting robot, trading goods between universes in exchange for information on the differences between them.

I'm sure the facts that in our universe, the ending theme to Evangelion was Fly Me To The Moon instead of Everybody Loves Me Baby, Lego bricks and Lincoln Logs have right angles instead of 120 degrees, and dried plums are called prunes, are all facts of no great import and nothing bad will come of this.
    wait, they don't make twinkies anymore?
  • Yeah, it was one of the things we used to joke about being a sign of the end of the world back in 2012.

I mean, there are similar things by (I think) the same company, but they’re different.
    Twinkies came back later after Hostess Brands was sold for scrap