• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    happy birthday, person I've never met
  • seeing locked threads in Heapers hangout is weird
    it's quite rare
  • its as a rare as cat in sunglasses 
  • Ponyhead said:

seeing locked threads in Heapers hangout is weird

You shouldn't comment on things you don't understand.
  • is that comment really a problem?
  • is that comment really a problem?

I don't understand enough to comment.
    • > You shouldn't comment on things you don't understand.
    • Try and stop me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Lois Ehlert, the illustrator of children's classic Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, died on Tuesday

Let's all pay respects by watching the animated version again

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I have always been surprised at the sheer number of people who take the “any show that crossed over with any show that crossed over with St. Elsewhere must be taking place entirely within Tommy Westphall’s imagination” thing super seriously

Because, like, it’s amusing, and I get why it’s fun to play six-degrees with

But it’s also fairly nonsensical on its face, since it seems to rely on the assumption that a character appearing in Tommy Westphall’s imagination can’t also exist outside his imagination, which, like…that’s not how that works

It’d be like if I concluded that England doesn’t exist because I dreamed about going there once, so it must only exist in my dreams

wait, England is real???
  • Wait, England = Israel?
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I have always been surprised at the sheer number of people who take the “any show that crossed over with any show that crossed over with St. Elsewhere must be taking place entirely within Tommy Westphall’s imagination” thing super seriously

But it’s also fairly nonsensical on its face, since it seems to rely on the assumption that a character appearing in Tommy Westphall’s imagination can’t also exist outside his imagination, which, like…that’s not how that works

It’d be like if I concluded that England doesn’t exist because I dreamed about going there once, so it must only exist in my dreams

The original piece by Dwayne McDuffy was very much "what if other media acted like comic books" and was a reductio ad absurdum of such, but nerds being nerds, they misunderstood it

Like, I get why people would find it fun to map out all the connections between these shows that crossed over with one another—it is, perhaps ironically, very much the kind of exercise autistic people enjoy—but the people who take it seriously instead of treating it as a goofy thought exercise are…well, missing the point, at best.

I honestly feel kind of similarly about people who actually believe in the “Mandela effect”, but that’s a whole other discussion.

• Wait, Kevin J. England and Steve Israel got married?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

The original piece by Dwayne McDuffy was very much "what if other media acted like comic books" and was a reductio ad absurdum of such, but nerds being nerds, they misunderstood it
    wait

Dwayne McDuffie came up with that?
  • There is no queen of England and there is no tooth fairy
  • there is, however, a queen of teeth
  • there is no Canada 
  • edited 2021-06-11 22:11:42
    CUNTASAURUS REXXX
    Does anyone know a website which will conveniently create a numbered list out of data because why the FUCK is this SO DIFFICULT to find on STUPID-ASS UNINTUITIVE FUCKING DUMB BITCH GOOGLE AHHH

EDIT: nvm found it with FUCKING BING, THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM GOOGLE, YOU SUCK, SUCK!

eDEEIT: So like how's evry2's day goin lol

EDIOT: I need to usre the bathroom
    but I'm just so damned comfortable

Eddie: New York more like Chew Pork amirite

EAHLE: the "I" key on my mfing keyboard is broken* and it's not affecting a lot OTHER THAN MY MISPLACED RAGE

*wonky? *defective? *fucky? What exactly is the cutoff point for "broken" because obviously it's fine but it gets stuck super easily and it's really annoying and dumb and dumb and dumb and adumb andumb adnb udmd abnuad mgusn am FUCK
  • She did it... She went and goddamn did it...
    She did it :o
  • And we all respect her for it.

She shall be beheaded at dawn
    yay, a beheading!
  • I'll sharpen the axes.
  • what did she do
  • when did she do it?

I assume double posting ok here
    double, triple, we don't care
  • Triplepost toast!

The toast with the moast!
  • All posters post toast!image
    Oh, I could go for some garlic toast...
    a toast to toast

photo credit: D. Sharon Pruitt
  • garlic toad is a thing?
  • edited 2021-06-30 14:58:16
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    OH HECK BROTHER

YOU JUST GOT SHUBDIDUBI SWEETS TIME'd!!!

Ponyhead said:

garlic toad is a thing?

garlic toad
  • Pelobates fuscus.
    huh, I hadn't heard of that toad before.
  • yes Garlic toad
  • The Garlic toad makes a garlic-smelling scent when it senses danger, thus its name.

I haven't done any experiments, but I bet it works as well as regular garlic against vampires.

If not, it's a neat example of an anti-vampire survival mechanism.
    Garlic toad needs to be a sub-weapon in a Castlevania game