If they wanted me to stay out of the engine room, they should have worded the sign more clearly!

It just said “AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY”

So I gave myself authorization

What exactly is the problem here?

Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

The only reason I was even wandering the ship in the first place was because the captain begged me to leave the bridge when I wouldn’t stop rambling about the anime adaptation of Doki Doki Pony

I still think he went a little overboard (pun totally intended) in suggesting I be thrown in the brig, though

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    thrown out the airlock would've been better
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (I like that you assumed a starship when I was totally imagining a...y’know...ship like what goes in water)
    I realized that afterward, but starships are the kind of ship I imagine, being a nerd.
    This isn't even the first time I've implied that a high-ranking officer in the Centralian military would find the princess obnoxious enough to threaten to commit an act of treason against the monarch they swore an oath to serve

thrown out the airlock would've been better

Hey, no, wait a minute! I have magic! I can just teleport myself back onto the ship!

Your attempted regicide mildly inconvenienced me at most!

I created a magical barrier around the ship to prevent that
    You don't get to make up new rules for how magic works just to get the outcome you want! That only works when I do it!
    well excuuuuuuuse me, princess
    That said, I suppose in a setting where magic exists, it would make sense for some kind of magical barrier to exist around the hypothetical...ship? starship? I lost track of what we're talking about. But y'know, magic protection against people just poofing themselves in seems like a reasonable security measure.
    The captain and I are on good terms now, by the way

He came around once I pointed out some of the perks of sailing with the Princess, like how I can make the Coast Guard bring us pizza

(It's a shame he likes thick crust, though)
    eww, thick crust
    …Do you and I actually agree on something? This might be a first.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    thick crust...

more for me
    silly Lexi
  • this crust is good when it's well-seasoned
  • edited 2021-05-23 16:09:09
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Centralian Coast Guard guy, handing me a pizza: I really wish you would stop treating us as Nautical DoorDash.

Princess Alice: Bold talk coming from somebody who just crossed into international waters!
    Update: The Captain does not appreciate it when I show up on his ship wearing an admiral's uniform.

Seems like somebody forgot whose Navy this is. 😐

(If this is going to be a recurring gag, we really need to give the Captain a name, huh?)