The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't tell if you're joking or not, but you can click and drag the video for a 360° view
  • oh

right, i forgot this sort of video existed
  • I am actually made of cats.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I consist of only one cow.
  • I am a cat inside a cat inside a cat inside a cat.

And that cat is full of bees.
    russian doll cats
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm going to the dollar store

Utena Tenjou is in charge while I'm gone
  • :3 :3 :3
    3:O
    moo
    Using the desktop site on the iOS web browser is irritating
  • Using the desktop site on the iOS web browser is irritating

It's better than using the iOS site, though.

There's never been a site that I wouldn't rather use the full version of.
  • edited 2021-02-27 04:55:16
    Also, I have a bachelor's degree now, and unlike the cruel angel, I didn't have to do a thesis.
  • edited 2021-02-27 04:56:32
    If I were Batman, I would have a Bat-chelor's degree.
    congratulations
    Ali_Roz said:

Also, I have a bachelor's degree now, and unlike the cruel angel, I didn't have to do a thesis.

Congrats!

We can be "finished our bachelor's degrees during the COVID-19 pandemic" buddies
  • I finished a degree during the pandemic too.

I think it allowed me some amount of leeway to tell some other things in my life to bugger off for a while.
  • I hope the pandemic is done by the time I finish my phd
    I hope the pandemic is done by the time I die
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I think we're way closer to the end of it than the beginning

at least, in the USA...
  • Meanwhile in England..
  • Anonus said:

I think we're way closer to the end of it than the beginning

at least, in the USA...
    I am also closer to the end of my phd than the beginning, probably

This coming Monday marks the 10th anniversary of the founding of Heapers’ Hangout

I’d say we should do something to celebrate, but I don’t know what that would look like

• we should hug Dusty.

I mean I will be doing that anyway.
    we should play spin the bottle
  • sounds thingish.

PURRgundy thingish

(which is just burgundy thingish but... with cats)
  • speaking of which I have created a new thingcolor!

Ironic Neon Pink.
  • Today in Alternate Universe Cursed Content I just made up:  "Sup Romies, it's ya boi Cali G, and today we're going to do some EXTREME PRANKS".
    I'm getting my first dose of COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow! 🎉
    yay a shot
  • IRONIC NEON PINK

...okay that's as close as we're gonna get on THAT one.
  • yada yada yada
    Beverly Cleary has died. She was 104 years old.
    :( RIP
  • edited 2021-03-27 00:38:05
    You know, just a couple weeks ago, I saw one of my cousins-once-removed reading Ribsy in a tree I climbed so much as a kid, and felt a sense that perhaps my childhood experience, the world I grew up in, was, somehow, not as gone as I thought.

My mom loved those books as a kid, too.

(My favorite of her books is Socks).
  • edited 2021-03-26 22:05:57
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I’m a Ramona Quimby fangirl, myself.

My mom liked the Ramona Quimby books, too. She was the one who recommended them for me.

Beezus and Ramona was published in 1955 and Ramona The Pest in 1968. And yet they feel so timeless…
  • Who is Ramona Quimby?
    A character featured in a series of children's novels by Beverly Cleary.

They follow a little girl named Ramona from her preschool days all the way up to being...I think 10 years old? It's been a while since I read the last couple, but the point is, she grows with her audience.
    My left mouse button is getting less and less responsive by the day but I really don't want to have to replace it because it's less than two years old

I tried opening up the mouse and cleaning all the dust out with canned air, but that didn't seem to help

This is annoying
  • edited 2021-03-31 20:36:15
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There’s not gonna be a sitewide April Fools gag this year, in case any of the 4 people who still use this forum were wondering about that.

I just can’t be bothered to think up anything that would actually be funny, let alone implement it.

I would do the thing where I keep talking about “my brilliant April Fools gag” but don’t actually change anything, but we did that one a few years ago and it wasn’t all that funny.
    I want my money back
    Didn’t you learn your lesson about demanding refunds from that time you bought a bra that turned out to be cursed and you couldn’t find the mysterious little corner shop again to return it?
    you made that up
    I make many things up. Sometimes one’s imagination is all one has.