The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• someone once told me the entire world is gonna roll over me because i am the dullest tool in the shed
  • edited 2021-02-05 04:00:36

It should be possible to code a script that automatically saves the page then loads the next page...

…and then gets banned by the admins when they notice this one random IP constantly loading pages in quick succession
    Should be okay with a rate limit or breaking it up into smaller batches. IIRC when I reset the archive I have for an RP thread several years ago I ended up using 1000 page batches.
    https://github.com/sixthhokage1/waapt here's the repo where the archiving scripts that I used are, unfortunately I haven't touched the project in years and don't know enough python to actually maintain the scripts (nor port them to a version of python that hasn't been EOL'd)
    I tried figuring out how to archive a thread with wget not long ago but couldn't figure it out because lol I'm not actually very good at computers
    also wow even though I registered this account in 2013 I think this is my first ever post here
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    oh hi there
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Never forget: Samsung's original attempt at a 🍪 emoji that was actually just two saltine crackers:
    Cookie on Samsung TouchWiz 7.0
    mm, crackers
  • well, crackers are better than cookies

trollface.png
    depends what kind of cookies
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm going to make Homura Akemi my new co-admin and there's NOTHING you lot can do about it
  • i guess it's always a good time for homura to show up
    homuhomuhomu
  • It should be possible to code a script that automatically saves the page then loads the next page...

…and then gets banned by the admins when they notice this one random IP constantly loading pages in quick succession
    Should be okay with a rate limit or breaking it up into smaller batches. IIRC when I reset the archive I have for an RP thread several years ago I ended up using 1000 page batches.
    https://github.com/sixthhokage1/waapt here's the repo where the archiving scripts that I used are, unfortunately I haven't touched the project in years and don't know enough python to actually maintain the scripts (nor port them to a version of python that hasn't been EOL'd)
    I tried figuring out how to archive a thread with wget not long ago but couldn't figure it out because lol I'm not actually very good at computers
    also wow even though I registered this account in 2013 I think this is my first ever post here
    I wish I knew how to work this code...
  • Never forget: Samsung's original attempt at a 🍪 emoji that was actually just two saltine crackers:

Cookie on Samsung TouchWiz 7.0
    people over here refer to crackers as “cookies” so maybe it’s the same in korea?
  • edited 2021-02-13 01:59:36
    One of my favorite things is when games take a long time to install.

It makes me think of my childhood, and how hyped I would get waiting for a new game to install (the longer it took, the bigger and more impressive it was going to be).

So, thank you, Steam Download Times, for all you do.
  • Happy Moo Year everyone!
    Moo!
  • Realization:  I have a strange perception, where if a game from before approximately 2007 is sometimes slow and jittery on the computer, or crashes, I don't really mind because that's how I remember computer games being back then, and I feel like it makes sense for the computer I'm using to have trouble running "old" games; and if a game from after approximately 2014 is sometimes slow and jittery on the computer, or crashes, I don't really mind because that's how I remember my old computers struggling to handle "new" games, and new game = bigger/fancier = hard for computer (even on Windows 10, I still feel like the Firaxis XCOM2 game is "new" and thus I can't complain about issues because I'm asking a lot of the computer); but there's this bit of time that is approximately from 2007 to 2014 where I actually expect good performance and get frustrated when it's not as smooth as, say, the controls on a console.
    I hadn't really thought about it in those terms, but I'm kind of the same way

I'm always kind of frustrated with how much effort it takes to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to run on a modern computer, because the graphics aren't especially resource-intensive by today's standards, but there's always little glitches like people's shadows being solid black rectangles
  • help I accidentally a purple argyle thing and a cerulean blue thing simultaneously and it went horribly wrong but right after that it went horribly right what should I do
    what does gray cat think?
  • she thinks "meow" and "pls feed me"

results of asking her were adorable but inconclusive.
  • Vriska said:

help I accidentally a purple argyle thing and a cerulean blue thing simultaneously and it went horribly wrong but right after that it went horribly right what should I do

Try to see if you can fix it by using a mixture of Nylon, Yarn, Wool, and Polyester, but without the thing that went right realizing it (you might be able to trick it by dying the mixture to look like Olefin.
    ccccccc
    dddddddd
    HH
    👁
  • edited 2021-02-16 10:57:17
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    What a dapper bird
    And there you have it, folks. We got up through J before somebody broke the chain.
  • the eurasian jay is a very dapper bird but maybe a bit too abstract to realise hat the chain is still going,
    I got it

I even started thinking of possibilities for K before I fell asleep
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • IJBM: the jump in that picture's animation
    …and we made it to N before somebody broke the chain again!

That said, I also was disappointed that I couldn't find one that was a perfect loop.
  • edited 2021-02-17 02:40:28
    d'Oh
  • I got it

I even started thinking of possibilities for K before I fell asleep
    a big pile of white powder ⛷
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    sunn wolf said:

My child.
  • that wasn't 360°, it was only about 90°

2/10 would not use FOV setting again