bruh
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I heard he liked photography
  • forum rules updates: posts about quaternions are now banned
  • what about oscar wilde
  • ive been snubbed,,,
    that you have
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Obā-san said:

ive been snubbed,,,

i hate to acknowledge that this got a laugh out of me
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Obā-san said:

ive been snubbed,,,

aren't your powers douple secret
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    God, I just remembered that the original context of "Double Secret Cat Administrator" was my yelling about wanting to call myself a 13-year-old during a manic episode

I would say I'm glad I'm not like that anymore, but if anything, I think I'm even more like that, just...in a less obnoxious way
  • God, I just remembered that the original context of "Double Secret Cat Administrator" was my yelling about wanting to call myself a 13-year-old during a manic episode

I would say I'm glad I'm not like that anymore, but if anything, I think I'm even more like that, just...in a less obnoxious way

this is what really growing as a person is like
    I suppose so.

I'm still me, and arguably me-ier than ever before, but I'm at least better at being me.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    that was almost five years ago and I'm like

bruh
  • I suppose so.

I'm still me, and arguably me-ier than ever before, but I'm at least better at being me.
    this is all you can do :3
  • in order to stay a child, one must not grow up

in order to not grow up, one must be an adult

'tis a paradox
  • if a child was not growing up, they would not be a child. once youve decided (and it is a decision) that you've "stopped growing," you're already dead
    From where I am, it's like...I'm still just as crazy as I was a few years ago, but I have more control over how I express that craziness and I'm able to turn it into "Centie sure is weird, but she's fun to hang out with" instead of "God, I wish Centie would shut up already" like I used to be

As far as the age aspect goes...I don't really feel like an adult, and at this point I figure I probably never will? But I am...at peace with that. I can fake being an adult well enough to function in the world, and that's all anybody really needs.
  • edited 2021-01-12 19:34:02

"being an adult" is a sign of bad faith, as can be "being a kid," in the way that trying to define yourself through any archetype can be

i say this as though i didnt iron my pants of my own volition this morning
    Turning 30 and finding that nothing meaningfully changed kind of led me to the epiphany that my age doesn't actually matter nearly as much as "normal" people (for lack of a better word) would have me think it does

Like, I don't want to do any of the things that "adults" my age are supposed to do. I have no desire to go hundreds of thousands into debt to buy a house. I have no desire to take out an auto loan and put myself in a position where I must make sure I can make a payment each month or risk losing my car. I have no desire to have children.

My ideal life would be getting an engineering job, moving to a small apartment in a city somewhere, and spending my free time watching Pretty Cure and tinkering with my traffic control collection. I just want to be allowed to have my own space and do my own thing. I don't care if I come off as a womanchild otaku as long as I get to be happy.
    Life's too fucking short, you know?
    that's pretty similar to how I feel
  • frankly speaking i also feel like i'm still a teenager, but a teenager with more obligations and also a larger skillset of things i can do
    also more money to buy games but less time to spend playing them
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Thank you, Myr
  • Rin Kokonoe as a Wookiee is extremely amusing for some reason