i want the tiny phone

give me tiny phone

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Do you have a specific model in mind?

I mostly ask because I'm curious who actually makes small phones nowadays. It seems like the tendency of smartphones over the past few years is to get bigger, not smaller.
  • they made A TINY IPHONE AND now they made an even cheaper and tinier one
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I have a Galaxy S8 (2017's model) that I bought "pre-owned" in 2018.

And, like, I just kinda intend to stick with it until it actively starts to frustrate me?

I keep looking at prices on new phones, but none of them have enough compelling features or design to make it worth the cost of replacing my current one, at least not to me.
  • my garbage phone died and my father gave me an old phone of his which is MASSIVE and i hate it. and also android is the last thing tying me to the Google Deathsphere an i want Out.
    Oh, I am...in WAY too deep on the Google front.

I got one of those Google Home smart speakers for Christmas last year, so I have that set up, even though the only thing I really use it for is playing music and setting alarms.
  • i was really shocked w/ how hard it has become to get all of the evil off of your phone now
    Yup. And if you have a Samsung phone, like I do, there's a bunch of Samsung junk in addition to the Google junk.

Please stop trying to make Bixby happen, Samsung. Nobody's ever going to use Bixby when you can get Google Assistant on the same phone.
  • edited 2020-11-30 22:50:59
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, you and I should talk more often
  • edited 2020-11-30 22:19:59

Obā-san, i think is a fine enough thing
  • edited 2020-11-30 22:38:19
    Amusingly, you can use the Samsung store to get some apps without using the Google Play Store, and without making an account on either.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    i201118maryworth.jpg
  • The fact that apple still makes small reasonably sized phones is the only thing that has ever made me want to buy an apple tbh.

The fact that apple still makes small reasonably sized phones is the only thing that has ever made me want to buy an apple tbh.

I just wish they would put decent screens on them. After having used an AMOLED display for 7 years, I refuse to go back to backlit LCDs.
    This is, like, the one tech thing I’m actually elitist about, and even then, I only really care as a personal preference. I don’t, like, look down on people for using phones with LCDs.
  • iphone shuffle when
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I've been wanting to get off Apple for a bit now, and I admit when I finally do I will miss the relatively small screens of iPhones.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I've been wanting to get off Apple for a bit now, and I admit when I finally do I will miss the relatively small screens of iPhones.

Got over my weird shame and bought a new Mac, so nevermind this post, lol.

iPhones are indeed nice.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    sellout