wouldnt it be fucked up if you were just sitting at your computer minding your own business

and somebody came along and erected a chain link fence around you so you could never leave?

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    will they be providing me with foodstuffs?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't like where this is going
    hey I just want to be fed sometimes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    you are like a step away from saying that you wouldnt mind being locked in a cage for the rest of forever as long as they give you some free food

wait, that's just what prison is, isn't it?
    Not so. In prison you're locked away with a bunch of other people. That makes this better than prison, relatively speaking.

Also, this is HH, I'm not really being serious, c'mon
  • and somebody came along and erected a chain link fence around you so you could never leave?

i could tell them that the ganon and his minions have seized the island of koredai, and offered them stuff, or maybe just swords
  • Yet another situation in which teleportation proves itself to be incredibly useful.

Honestly, I'd say that Teleportation, Healing, and Truth-Speaking (the ability to tell truth from lie, and to actually communicate plot-relevant truth to others) are the three superpowers/magic-abilities/psychic-gifts/sci-fi-technology-device-usages/forms-of-otherworldly-intervention/etc that would solve the most fictional problems without feeling out-of-place in the story's universe.

(Teleportation and Healing are always two of the top three, though I waver on whether I consider truth-speaking to be one thing or two, and on whether it should be swapped for the ability to fix objects).
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Y'all seem to be forgetting that you can just break down a chain link fence with enough force.
    I'm pretty sure I don't have enough force for that
    Oh, Fossilmaiden raises a good point
  • edited 2020-11-20 02:20:30
    There is an old flash-based sprite movie which I want to but can't find right now, where there's a skit that goes like this:
    [FFT scene]
    Archer (with an American accent): "Don't kill me!  I'm only a level 2 archer!  I'm too young to die!"
    Old man's voice (with a British accent): "Duke...Duke Flyswatter..."
    Archer: "Huh?"
    Old man's voice: "Use more force, Duke..."
    Archer: "The force?"
    Old man's voice: "No, you dolt!  Put more force into mashing the buttons on your controller!"