The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• if you ever call me sir as even part of a joke or rhetorism ever again I will turn you into glue
  • edited 2020-10-01 17:10:34
    oh ok
  • then ponyhead became gluons
  • but what if you were responsible for the strong nuclear force?
  • impossible you could'nt prove anything

ridiculous 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    A supernatural entity appears at my window and offers me one wish in exchange for my soul. I wish to never be tired again.

Later, they find me outside Toei Animation headquarters screaming through a megaphone that they need to hurry up and make more cartoons because I haven't slept in three weeks and I'm all out of Pretty Cure episodes to occupy my time with
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    watch Space Patrol Luluco
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why is that the suggestion you give everyone who's made a Faustian bargain?
    it's a good show
    My "I sold my soul to never need to sleep again" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt
    I like this character a lot now but I don't know how I could possibly build an actual story around her
    Honestly, the most unrealistic part of this scenario is the idea that I would ever have the attention span to actually finish a single season of Pretty Cure, let alone all 17 of them
  • Meguca Alice binging Corrector Yui like some kind of grognard
    You're gonna have to explain that one
  • I just picked an obscure mahou shoujo show.
  • but what if you binged all pretty cure series while playing all atelier games
    Oh, OK.

You know, I wrote that as a joke, but if I were going to sell my soul in exchange for anything, never being tired again would probably genuinely be what I ask for.
  • Oh, OK.

You know, I wrote that as a joke, but if I were going to sell my soul in exchange for anything, never being tired again would probably genuinely be what I ask for.
    That joke would have more impact if we hadn't both been obsessed with this franchise for a week and a half at this point

Speaking of which, is this the first Alice & also Jane shared obsession? I've shared obsessions with Lexi before, but...
  • well the joke here is that the background is checkered as though it's transparent but it's obviously not

also: maybe!
    How did the convention of using that checkered pattern to denote transparent images become a thing, anyways?
    I should send Jane a postcard
  • How did the convention of using that checkered pattern to denote transparent images become a thing, anyways?

wizardry, one must assume.

I should send Jane a postcard

:)
  • I watched a scary anime last night and could not sleep!
    contract?
  • edited 2020-10-02 15:20:48
    The Promised Neverland

the reviewers all say everthing after the fourth episode is rubbish and I'm on the third soo
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I have no good ideas for a Madoka-themed name
  • well you're Alice's SO, so maybe you should be Nagisa.
  • do people ever call Madoka Madorka?

well you're Alice's SO, so maybe you should be Nagisa.

uhh

you know I'm not into the candy stuff except as a dainty-dragon guilty pleasure right?
    also...I'm one of five!
    How the fuck is it not even midnight yet?
    Also, @Anonus, Nagisa likes cheese, not candy. Pay attention!
    13 minutes

Also, @Anonus, Nagisa likes cheese, not candy. Pay attention!

aesthetic
  • Anonus said:

well you're Alice's SO, so maybe you should be Nagisa.

uhh

you know I'm not into the candy stuff except as a dainty-dragon guilty pleasure right?
    I mean I'm not into munitions and I still have a Homura avatar
  • missin' out, gotta exercize your gay right to bear arms
  • missin' out, gotta exercize your gay right to bear arms

I'm not that kind of gay
    The thought occurred to me, while tossing and turning in bed this morning, that there's no particular reason to assume Homura is actually especially skilled with weapons

Like, if you can stop time, that makes hitting your target trivially easy, no?

But it's OK; we love her anyways
  • well she's had lots of time to practice
    granted...
  • that's th point, she's spent so much time Doing The Time Warp Again that she's had years and years to train in weapons usage ect
    But would you actually get any better if you never had a reason to actually try?
    At some point YouTube started giving me notifications for channels I don't have the 🔔 turned on for, and it tends to give them a day or two after the videos were uploaded...sometimes even after I've already watched them

Why must websites be like this??
  • Youtube makes random changes all the damn time,it gets tiresome 
    true
  • But would you actually get any better if you never had a reason to actually try?

she would probably get better at movement tactics
  • edited 2020-10-03 16:27:54
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    On further thought, I retract my initial remark.

It does seem reasonable to say that whatever skillset Homura developed while enduring the time loops would probably be very different from the skillset of someone fighting with the same weapons who didn't have her specific magic, though.