Imagine a world where the only direction is WEST

How does that work, then?

What do you mean? It's just like this world, except any time you move, you're moving west.

I don't think that's at all consistent with the idea of three-dimensional space.

Just because our space is three-dimensional doesn't mean that every space is three-dimensional.

OK, let's say, for the sake of argument, that this hypothetical world exists in one-dimensional space. You still can't have only one direction, because you can still move in a positive direction or a negative direction along that one dimension.

You're hurting my brain now. Let's just call this off.

YOU STARTED IT!

If I were the kind of person who took responsibility for my actions, I wouldn't be the person I am.

I suppose I can't argue with that.

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    > GO EAST
  • technically if you're at the north pole the only direction you can go is south
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Way to go, Luna, you broke causality. Do you enjoy dooming entire universes just to get one over on me?
  • technically if you're at the north pole the only direction you can go is south

if you have NO CTEATIVITY that's true
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    north? south? east? west? all those are FAKE DIRECTIONS used by WEAK SPHERICAL HARMONICS to become stronger.  the only real directions are IN and OUT.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    alice you have distance feels
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this just means one-way scrolling, like in Super Mario Bros.
  • edited 2020-09-27 22:21:28
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    But Mario can still move the other direction! Just not very far.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this just means one-way scrolling with infinite running, like Atomic Runner Chelnov