Comments

• i was worried that this would be one of a certain series of videos

fortunately it was not
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's so weird to hear a 30-year-old Canadian woman's voice coming out of Usagi
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • who is uploading all these random sailor moon old dub clips and why are they so hilarious
    1. the channel is called Sailor Moon Says
    2. because a super cheesy dub of an already kinda cheesy show
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's funny, right? Because if you actually want to watch Sailor Moon in this day and age, you're better off going for subs or even the 2014 English dub. Less queer erasure, for one thing.

Watching and laughing at these little clips out of context is basically the only thing the '90s dub is good for in the year 2020!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

It's funny, right? Because if you actually want to watch Sailor Moon in this day and age, you're better off going for subs or even the 2014 English dub. Less queer erasure, for one thing.

Watching and laughing at these little clips out of context is basically the only thing the '90s dub is good for in the year 2020!

I'm going to throw you in a lake

You forget that we '90s kids didn't have a choice back in the day
    now now kids, don't fight

enjoy these silly clips instead

Honestly, the part that confused me the most about Anonus's post is that she blacked out the "less queer erasure" bit too, even though I'm sure she views that as a good thing
    i was emphasizing the subs because you know me
    also does the original even have queer erasure?
  • i think the comment is about calling Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune cousins rather than lesbian lovers
  • Which dub is this one anyway, btw?  Since I don't have the different Sailor Moon dubs straight in my head.
    I didn't even know there was more than one
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Moon_(TV_series)

one by Viz
    and one by DIC and Cloverway
    1995 one was DIC/Cloverway

2014 one was Viz

These really goofy clips are from the former

i think the comment is about calling Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune cousins rather than lesbian lovers

Also "Zoisite is a woman who is in straight heterosexual love with her partner Kunzite"
  • 1995 one was DIC/Cloverway

2014 one was Viz

These really goofy clips are from the former

ahh thanks
  • edited 2020-09-07 15:36:47

i think the comment is about calling Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune cousins rather than lesbian lovers

Also "Zoisite is a woman who is in straight heterosexual love with her partner Kunzite"
    didn't they rename "Kunzite" because its pronunciation sounds too much like the "c***"?
    I'll always love that they left in the shot of Rae sweating and blushing as she stares at Makoto's boobs
    kinda half-hearted censorship on that one
  • I'll always love that they left in the shot of Rae sweating and blushing as she stares at Makoto's boobs

"the kids won't get it, it's fine"
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Honestly, I think the whole intention was to make it obvious that her "talent" was her bust without saying it outright so as to avoid having to cut the scene outright or do too much more editing.
    I feel like that may be giving them too much credit

I'll always love that they left in the shot of Rae sweating and blushing as she stares at Makoto's boobs

I just realized that I accidentally spelled "Rae" like my own name instead of like Sailor Mars's name ("Rei"), which is kind of funny
    perhaps it's you doing the sweating and blushing

perhaps it's you doing the sweating and blushing

I won't deny that I envy girls who have bigger boobs than mine
    understandable.

to get this back on track, however

• edited 2020-09-10 08:14:34
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I feel like that may be giving them too much credit

Seriously, the whole scene reads as intentional, at least on the part of the voice actors.
    heart attack

I guess I'll keep posting these whether people care or not
    It's funny, that's basically how that scene went in the original, too.
    "It was all my fault"
    "Yeah, I know"
    oh man, that's one of the best ones
    I just remembered I have some wonderful reading material in my possession and I think it belongs here

Lita is a Sagittarius just like me, I knew it!
    Their names are funny, right? Like, some of them are really close, like Rei → Raye, Ami → Amy, Minako → Mina...but then you have Usagi → Serena and Makoto → Lita

I really don't know why they didn't just name Usagi "Bunny". I've been told that in the German dub, they did.
  • her name is the equivalent of "Bunny" in most of the European dubs apparently
    Was using Serif Gothic allowed in 1995?
    no it was illegal

• this is illegal, you know
  • also that Rei face is a great reaction image