AMUSED

is an anagram of

MEDUSA
  • also did you know

the word HOMEOWNER

contains the word MEOW
  • y'know what Discord needs?

a way to unmute a channel for a limited time

this way it's like actually joining the channel and getting notifications of new lines of chat, then leaving after a while

also a way to say that you want audio notifications for mentions but not for just general lines of chat
  • Vriska said:

also did you know

the word HOMEOWNER

contains the word MEOW
    the phrase UNCLEARED MARIO MAKER LEVEL contains the word UNCLE
  • it also contains OMAKE, EARED, AKERLE, RIO, and LEAR
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    and MARIO
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Blathers is a good boy.
  • 75th anniversary of the birth of the great racehorse Citation.
    50th anniversary of the launching of Apollo 13.
    25th anniversary of the hatching of me.
    Something neat WILL happen today, we might not know what it is for years, but something, somewhere, is starting today.

happy hatchday
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Happy hatchday!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Happy belated hatchday!!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Happy hatchday!
  • Windows Vriska

::::)
    It's been a long year, Watierman

It sure has
    and it's only Apirl

i can't believe we had to shut down the Five Signers Restuarant  bcause of the pndemic

Yeah..I miss going to work every day nad not having any actual custmoers

I miss going to work every day and using as much butter as possible in every recipe

Oh yeah, you are a shill for the Big Butter Industry, aren't you?

The shilliest!!

I can't believe we're practicing social distancing, and as such, are hodling this conversationa via webcam

This laptop is stolen!!

It sure is, Chef, it sure is.

I don't want you to get any viruses, waiterman, so i made sure to practice EXTAR social distancing by moving all the way to Seattle for the Spring

Seattle is very far away!!

It sure is. They don't even have Ohio license plates here.

Then how do people show the Ohioness of their cars?

They don't!!

What. a weird place you're staying in, Chef.

I know, right?
    Seattle, Ohio
  • there is WIND and RAIN happening outside
    weird, it usually happens inside
  • sounds like you should get your roof fixed

or you set off the fire sprinklers and ceiling fans again
    I suppose you'll tell me that the aurora borealis in my kitchen is wrong too
  • edited 2020-04-30 02:08:16
    WHY DO ALL MY THIRTYTWENTY YEAR OLD ELECTRONICSCDS KEEP BREAKINGNOT WORKING ON ME?!!
    I remember when we were promised that burned CD-Rs could supposedly last a century

In reality, you'd be lucky if any of them, especially the cheaper ones, lasted 10 years.
    I should dig out some of the 20+ year old CD-Rs I have

see if they work
  • edited 2020-04-30 03:29:15
    https://www.shakespearesglobe.com/watch/romeo-juliet-2009-youtube-premiere-2020/

Available for free until May 3.

I watched the beginning, and this is a very good performance.

But what I did NOT realize while reading this in high school is just how chock full of puns the script is.
  • they have other plays coming up later

also I found an upload of Twelth Night from the National Theatre
    I threw out most of my mid-2000s burned CDs when I moved in 2016, which I kind of regret having done now.
  • edited 2020-04-30 19:35:23

I remember when we were promised that burned CD-Rs could supposedly last a century

In reality, you'd be lucky if any of them, especially the cheaper ones, lasted 10 years.
    I don't have any burned.  I have the originals.  My brother bought them in the early 2000s.

ALL I WANT IS TO PLAY AGE OF MYTHOLOGY GOLD EDITION ON THE SAME CD I PLAYED IT ON FIFTEEN YEARS AGO IS THAT SO DARN HARD (I LIKE THE SPINNY SOUND THAT THE COMPUTER MAKES WHEN THE GAME CRASHES)

I SWEAR IF BLUES CLUES: BLUE'S TREASURE HUNT: A LEARNING ADVENTURE BREAKS, I'M GOING TO START THROWING THINGS AT OTHER THINGS.
  • I remember when we were promised that burned CD-Rs could supposedly last a century

Does this 10 years figure assume repeated use or just archival storage in a cool place with reasonably low humidity?
    I mean, at this point we're going into purely anecdotal territory, but like...I had a bunch of CDs that I burned circa 2007-08 and used somewhat frequently for a year or two. Then I stashed them away in reasonable (but likely not ideal) conditions, and when I went to revisit them in 2016, some of them were unplayable because the dye layer had started to break down.
  • edited 2020-05-01 06:51:17
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Presumably if you paid for higher-quality CD-Rs instead of the big pack of unbranded discs they sell at Big Lots, you might have had better results in the long temr
    meanwhile, NES games with battery backup would always claim to last about five years. Yet my sister has our old Zelda II cart from like 1989 and it still has the old saved games on it.

might wanna finish that game someday
    See, I'm always worried about those NES carts that still have the original batteries in them, because, like...with batteries that old, it could be fine one day and leaking to the point of corroding the traces on the circuit board the next.
  • edited 2020-05-01 17:57:14
    ಠ_ಠ
    Last week (or whenever it was, the days are merging together), the 25th Anniversary edition of The Phantom of the Opera (the stage version from the Royal Albert Hall) was streaming on YouTube. 

I watched it all, despite having already seen it many times before. 
    I've never seen The Phantom of the Opera

is it good
  • I've never seen The Phantom of the Opera

is it good
    If you willingly ignore the flaws in the story and get caught up in the melodrama, then yes. 

Having a stellar cast who can actually sing helps a lot. 
  • edited 2020-05-01 18:39:03
    ಠ_ಠ
    Cannot emphasise this enough: DO NOT WATCH THE 2004 FILM BECAUSE IT IS LITERAL GARBAGE

WATCH THE 2011 FILMING OF THE STAGE SHOW INSTEAD.
    got it
    you were not kidding about melodrama.
  • Yep.

Also, all these dating apps are telling me that now is the best time to find a date. I’ve decided that I am going to remain single my whole life and retreat to the sewers.
    and be a ninja turtle
  • why does it taste like periwinkle blue in this site
  • i've actually seen Phantom of the Opera live and i was impressed by the opening

after i saw it live i saw someone's youtube recording of a particularly spectacular production of the opening of Phantom of the Opera in Las Vegas

i was more impressed
  • I've had this song stuck in my head since I watched Europe Shine A Light yesterday, which rolled through the songs that would have been taking part in Eurovision 2020 had the pandemic not cancelled it. 

And before you ask. 

Yes, this is what Eurovision is about. Catchy songs with odd costumes. 
    Europe is a weird place
  • edited 2020-05-17 20:18:25
    ಠ_ಠ
    That it is. 

You only need to watch Eurovision to understand this. 

Many countries are not afraid to take the piss out of themselves and their culture. 
  • Case in point

And here.
    Alas, neither of those videos are permitted here in the U.S. apparently
  • Alright, I need help

Tomorrow I'm at work, which is fine. It's my normal working day. 

Except my hours are wrong. 

For some reason, they have me down for 2pm-10pm, when I normally do 3pm-10pm. 

Do I suck it up at do 2-10, even though I don't get any extra breaks, or do I do my usual 3-10 and risk being scolded by my managers for being an hour "late".