The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

People who complain about downvotes on Reddit should be forcibly relocated to the surface of the Sun.

I don’t like being downvoted...

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Presumably you don't also, like...edit your post to contain a rant about being downvoted though.

"Why is everyone downvoting me? Don't you know you're only supposed to downvote unproductive comments?? Don't downvote just because you disagree with me!!"
  • edited 2020-02-11 04:27:50
    If people can make bots to make meme comments, I'm pretty sure people can make bots to upvote and downvote, so shouldn't the numbers be pretty meaningless?

EDIT:  Oh, it turns out that those numbers determine the order in which the comments appear.  Huh.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Thankfully on most of the subs I read, the people who have gotten severely downvoted actually deserved it (usually by being racist or sexist in a progressive sub).
  • Who's single on Valentine's Day? 

Me. 
  • Yes, I am not dead. 

Just incredibly busy with work and writing. 
  • Toolsie said:

Who's single on Valentine's Day? 

Me. 
    Don't worry, you're not the only one.
  • this is the first valentines im spending in genuine physical proximity my girlfriend and OF COURSE she is working an 8 hour shift and we forgot to get reservations anywhere but like hey we'll still get stoned or drunk or both (?)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I worked 8 hours today and was miserable, but it's over now
    Obā-san said:

this is the first valentines im spending in genuine physical proximity my girlfriend and OF COURSE she is working an 8 hour shift and we forgot to get reservations anywhere but like hey we'll still get stoned or drunk or both (?)

get drunkstoned
  • this is the plan
  • I wasn't working on Valentines Day, but I did a 2-8:30 shift today at work. 

Forgot to pick up the discount flowers and chocolate. 

I'll do it tomorrow. 
  • Also, Storm Dennis can go fuck itself. 
    is Dennis the Menace acting up
  • Pretty much.

When the Army has had to be called in, you know it's bad
  • I drove through a "puddle" on the way home from work, and the resulting waves were taller than my car
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Obā-san said:

this is the first valentines im spending in genuine physical proximity my girlfriend and OF COURSE she is working an 8 hour shift and we forgot to get reservations anywhere but like hey we'll still get stoned or drunk or both (?)

My wife and I were both sick yesterday so
    Toolsie said:

I drove through a "puddle" on the way home from work, and the resulting waves were taller than my car

holy crap
  • It was more like a lake had sprung up in the middle of the road. 

And I have a tiny Ford Fiesta. 

That was a big puddle. 
  • Storm Dennis wouldn't be that bad were it not for the fact that not long ago, we had Storm Ciara. 

Warnings for Storm Dennis were in effect whilst Storm Ciara was still around. 
  • Interestingly, a Boeing 747 broke the subsonic flight speed record between JFK airport and Heathrow because of the wind speeds. 

It travelled across the Atlantic in four hours and fifty six minutes.
    must've been some strong wind
  • Given that plane reached land speed of over 800mph, I'd say it was some strong wind
    speed of sound is about 760 mph so.....that's not actually subsonic
    the internet
    is a raging trashfire
    i know 😭
  • Have you ever written something that is so gay that you just have to stare at the ceiling and contemplate your life?

I'm doing it right now. 
    No, but I have written things so boobtastic that I have to stare at the ceiling etc.
    20th Century Fox Television
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Is not particularly gay at all, one would think.
  • depends on the fox
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    One of my girlfriends is a gay fox, and she was born in the 20th century...
    an elderly person
    Bow down to your princess
    Nah.

Nah.

OK, but don't come crying to me when you need somebody with magical powers to safe you from an eldritch horror.
    safe
    But why would I want to be locked in a safe instead of just protecting myself instead???
  • -from within "Bowers Only" safe-

Wait, what if eldritch horrors aren't real?  If they are real, then what if I could make friends with them, or trick them into fighting a moose.  I can't think of many things that could beat a moose in a fair fight nowadays.
    why would you want to fight a moose, though?
    Well, they probably taste good.
  • "YOU THERE, IT IS I, GENERAL MOOSE!! 1V1 ME BRO!!!"
  • OK, but don't come crying to me when you need somebody with magical powers to safe you from an eldritch horror.

You rang?
    we need safing now, oh no
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The opening riff/chord progression to Steely Dan's "Josie" is so good:
    tab please