I didn't think it was possible to get secondhand embarrassment from a music video, yet here we are

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm...scared.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "I didn't think it was possible to get secondhand embarrassment from a music video"

I think most music videos do this for me

this was especially bad, though

• still worse
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    White pop stars who use Japanese women as accessories in their music videos has always been a mildly uncomfortable thing for me

Gwen Stefani did it too
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I never even noticed it until now, because my music video watching phase fell off before turning into "only what interests me." That's discomforting, yeah.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    bump
  • what if the pop stars are japanese women
    Reminder that Chad Kroeger, of all people, has a writing credit on "Hello Kitty"
    Chad Kroeger who is not associated with the Kroger Company
  • Reminder that Chad Kroeger, of all people, has a writing credit on "Hello Kitty"

They were married once upon a time. 
    I did know that, actually! I just think it's funny because this song is so unlike Nickelback.
  • Has Nickelback released anything lately? 

I say this as someone who is out of touch with modern music as my tastes now consist of video game soundtracks and techno. 
  • edited 2020-02-14 21:14:44
    also these are examples of why i prefer to ignore music videos

also fwiw i actually doubt i'll enjoy akihabara that much
    the most i'll probably care for are the used game shops
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ...how did you even find this work of art?
    this is the peak of the music video medium
    I love how at 0:47 the skull staff was reflecting the green screen and so it becomes "transparent" to the images that are supposed to be behind it...until this is suddenly "fixed" at 0:55.
  • i love how it ends with question marks falling off the screen
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm looking at this again now and I'm like "SHE HAS BLUE HAIR 😍"
    this is just a freaking great video
  • also the refrain sounds like he's saying "aww, c'mon, fuck a guy"
  • the best part is when he says "my brothers in the can and won't get out til next july", the can obviously intending to refer to prison, but the person who made the music video didn't get the memo
  • no, the best part is when he just starts pointing out random things on the street
    I wonder about the other people in this video, like, did they realize what they were getting into?
    Obā-san said:

the best part is when he says "my brothers in the can and won't get out til next july", the can obviously intending to refer to prison, but the person who made the music video didn't get the memo

That is really good