The 2010s are over

And I am sad
Tagged:

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    rip
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    are you excited for the 2020s
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    no
  • Many things that were unthinkable in 2005 are routine now.  If someone tried to tell you in 2005 of now, you wouldn't believe it.  I fear 2035, and how far that will be from where we are now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    When I think about the things that have changed the most since my childhood, one huge one is that, at least in the society I live in, it's commonplace for people to carry a camcorder around with them at all times now.

In modern America, we're all Daidouji Tomoyo.
  • edited 2020-01-03 03:45:15

When I think about the things that have changed the most since my childhood, one huge one is that, at least in the society I live in, it's commonplace for people to carry a camcorder around with them at all times now.

In modern America, we're all Daidouji Tomoyo.
    I was at a recent anime convention where Tiffany Grant, voice of Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original English dub), was a guest, and she commented on an episode of it as we watched.  It was the one where Asuka debuts in the show, and there is one side character who carries a literal camcorder (as in that big bulky thing on one's shoulder) everywhere, as he's a military equipment/vehicles fanboy who's relishing the opportunity to see a bunch of stuff up close.  Grant commented that the show was a rather poor predictor of the future in this regard.