The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I would say "that sounds good" but I fear I would jinx it

Yeah, turns out we have nothing else in common. 

Oh well. 
  • Oh my God, these Sims are dumb as hell. 

I put eight sims in a house for a "social experiment" to test their will to live, and gave them the bare essentials that they need to survive. I left them alone for 24 sim hours to see what they do, and then I blocked off the kitchen for another 24 hours to get their hunger down. In the basement of this house, I placed a large pool separating the Sims from some fridges, and gave them all the hydrophobic trait, with the intention being that they would have to face their fears to grab a snack from the fridge to stay alive long enough for the kitchen to be reopened. 

It didn't work like that. 

Out of eight Sims, only two were smart enough to realise that there were no ovens in the basement, and so grabbed a snack to keep them going. All the others tried to prepare food, despite there being no surfaces or ovens to cook on. Even when I opened the kitchen back up, they keep trying to go to the fridge in the basement to cook on the kitchen oven, even though there is a fridge next to the oven

Also one of the Sims is trapped in the basement due to her own stupidity. She spent so long trying to cook food that her energy bar is completely depleted, so every time she goes into the pool to swim to the bed she begins to drown. Instead of pushing herself to get to the other side, she hops back out on the wrong side, so she'll either die of starvation or drowning. 

I want to these bastards to stay alive, but they are just so dumb that they kill themselves. 
  • Toolsie said:

Oh my God, these Sims are dumb as hell. 

I put eight sims in a house for a "social experiment" to test their will to live, and gave them the bare essentials that they need to survive. I left them alone for 24 sim hours to see what they do, and then I blocked off the kitchen for another 24 hours to get their hunger down. In the basement of this house, I placed a large pool separating the Sims from some fridges, and gave them all the hydrophobic trait, with the intention being that they would have to face their fears to grab a snack from the fridge to stay alive long enough for the kitchen to be reopened. 

It didn't work like that. 

Out of eight Sims, only two were smart enough to realise that there were no ovens in the basement, and so grabbed a snack to keep them going. All the others tried to prepare food, despite there being no surfaces or ovens to cook on. Even when I opened the kitchen back up, they keep trying to go to the fridge in the basement to cook on the kitchen oven, even though there is a fridge next to the oven

Also one of the Sims is trapped in the basement due to her own stupidity. She spent so long trying to cook food that her energy bar is completely depleted, so every time she goes into the pool to swim to the bed she begins to drown. Instead of pushing herself to get to the other side, she hops back out on the wrong side, so she'll either die of starvation or drowning. 

I want to these bastards to stay alive, but they are just so dumb that they kill themselves. 
    In just that one stage, four Sims died of starvation because they were too stupid to realise they could now cook food to survive as there was A FRIDGE NEXT TO THE OVEN.

TWO SIMS DIED IN THE KITCHEN. 

HOW?!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    reminds me of the good old days, the Sims Hunger Games.

too bad there probably won't be any more of those
  • I’m willing to do another one, but no one else seems to...
    interest seems to have disappeared, unfortunately.
  • edited 2019-10-25 11:43:53
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was reminded of this gem from 2017, so I feel compelled to post it again:

10-09 03:00 Tatterhood has joined #trashheap
    10-09 03:00 <Tatterhood> guess 3hos drunk
    10-09 03:00 <Cultist> me
    10-09 03:01 <Tatterhood> wr0mg
    10-09 03:01 <Tatterhood> tha answer is: lucy
    10-09 03:01 <Tatterhood> so unles yuo are lucy or at elast canada, shut uo
    10-09 03:01 <Cultist> you're right... i checked and i'm not drunk
    10-09 03:02 <Tatterhood> canadai s a drifferetn country from te other ones
    10-09 03:04 <Myrdradek> I hate how my mom stays up until 11:30 every night with all lights on and the tv blairing
    10-09 03:04 <Myrdradek> blaring
    10-09 03:04 <Tatterhood> thaats too loud I tink
    10-09 03:05 <CentralAve> Liquid Horniness
    10-09 03:06 <Tatterhood> horniness dodsent come in a bottle
    10-09 03:06 <Tatterhood> it coes in LIFE
    10-09 03:07 <Tatterhood> if you play honry video gmaes ou get hotny yourself, like a ant
    10-09 03:07 <Tatterhood> i saw a cat dotay and I have to say: why are we all not have cas
    10-09 03:09 <Tatterhood> I think america sh08od be on irc tonight
    10-09 03:09 <Tatterhood> after all t si canadia n tansgiving, the most im ortant thank giving
    10-09 03:10 <Icon> ReLIFE
    10-09 03:12 <Tatterhood> icon ias yuo a BBIRD
    10-09 03:13 <Icon> I'm v birdy
    10-09 03:13 <Icon> I'm the best bird even.
    10-09 03:14 <Tatterhood> well if thats the acse can you ecplin bords to be
    10-09 03:14 <Tatterhood> I feel klike I understand cats and wquirresl ut not birsd
    10-09 03:16 <Anonus> Tatterhood: do you still believe dogs are fake
    10-09 03:16 <Tatterhood> well you se I didnt meet a dog tnight
    10-09 03:17 <Tatterhood> because my autn who has a dog didnt coem t o thanksfiving
    10-09 03:17 <Tatterhood> btu I think dosg are like not realy ecause if ou see a cat it ebhaves like a cat
    10-09 03:17 <Tatterhood> but if you ssee a dog its like too much of a dog yuo know
    10-09 03:20 <Tatterhood> its borign t hat people are asleep
    10-09 03:20 <Tatterhood> i tibk tis sohould be tonksgivign is ever county
    10-09 03:22 <Anonus> Tatterhood: tonksgivign?
    10-09 03:22 <Anonus> is that like national novembing day
    10-09 03:24 <Tatterhood> no its in october\
    10-09 03:25 <Tatterhood> its like oktoberfetst but forpeople whia are from less coo ll paces
    10-09 03:26 <Anonus> oh
    10-09 03:28 <Tatterhood> Look lita very simpe, its canadian thansk fvinging
    10-09 03:28 <Tatterhood> but in kithcener-wqteloo, its als o oktoberfest
    10-09 03:28 <Tatterhood> so whos cooler do youthink
    10-09 03:29 <Tatterhood> I thkn lucy s the coolest
    10-09 03:30 <Tatterhood> everyone who is not lucy us birung in real life
    10-09 03:35 <Anonus> Tatterhood: CentralAve isn't boring in real life
    10-09 03:36 <Anonus> I would also ping chik if they were here
    10-09 03:37 <Tatterhood> chiken
    10-09 03:37 <Tatterhood> znyway if you r nt in canad and iyor ASPWEEP THNEN TATS BORING IMO
    10-09 03:40 <Tatterhood> paralized terrorized
    10-09 03:41 <Tatterhood> in my etes somwthing someting
    10-09 03:41 <Tatterhood> in my eys in my eyrs endlessly
    10-09 03:41 <Tatterhood> so pixlate me'
    10-09 03:41 <Tatterhood> iM GONNA GO TO BED I GUESs
    10-09 03:42 Tatterhood has left #trashheap
  • Wow I have no memory of that.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Wow I have no memory of that.

I mean you were drunk
  • huh so now we know that Drunk!Lucy is less cogent than Sleepdep!Ozzy

and one time when I was sleepdep I laughed maniacally at the exits in a little local independent movie theater because they had curtains and I thought that was hilariously ominous. But it made sense in my sleepdepbrain.
  • I mean to be fair they looked kinda ominous.
    obvious ominousity
  • it was a thing :D
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50333233

It’s been raining all day.

There’s flood warnings all over the city, and most of the rivers have burst their banks.

RIP
  • I’m okay, because I’m on top of a hill, but the place where there was severe flooding is next to where I used to work, so if I still worked there, I’d probably be camping in a shopping centre right about now.
    it was rainy here too today, but not nearly that bad
    oh dear.
  • edited 2019-11-09 22:41:13
    ಠ_ಠ
    So I’ve made a Sim called Chad Casanova, who’s sole purpose in life is to impregnate as many women as possible.

He’s charismatic, flirty, a great kisser, ambitious, and has commitment issues. I gave him some boosters to make his extra seductive and fertile, and he has a heart of stone and doesn’t care about people being jealous that he is flirting with people in front of their spouses and each other.

So far he's had three children from two different women, and has a ton more on the way.
  • edited 2019-11-09 22:49:00
    ಠ_ಠ
    Most of the babies he’s having were conceived in the gym shower.

Edit: so the husband of one of the women Chad has knocked up invited him to a party at his mansion. Chad saw one of this other baby mothers at the party, the one who gave him twins, and managed to get her pregnant again whilst woohooing in the master bedroom. After he got kicked out, Chad didn’t even give a shit as he strode out the mansion with a big grin on his face.

What even is this game?
    Chad is the ultimate pick up artist, apparently.
  • edited 2019-11-09 23:01:25
    ಠ_ಠ
    He even has a “Casanova” reputation.

I’ll maybe see what the kids look like when they get older and adopt any that are good looking and have good traits, just so they can continue their father’s legacy.

Chad now has five children by three different women.

Edit: seven babies by four different women.
  • My. God.

At this rate, the town will be overrun by Chad’s offspring. He’s got eleven children, and plenty more to come.
  • Chad has taken in three of his children, all from the same mother. He may take more in, depending on how evil I’m feeling.

He’s got seventeen children now, so got a wide variety to choose from.
    I wonder which one is his favorite

Probably none, since he has a heart of stone.
  • edited 2019-11-11 00:03:31
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Toolsie said:

So I’ve made a Sim called Chad Casanova, who’s sole purpose in life is to impregnate as many women as possible.

He’s charismatic, flirty, a great kisser, ambitious, and has commitment issues. I gave him some boosters to make his extra seductive and fertile, and he has a heart of stone and doesn’t care about people being jealous that he is flirting with people in front of their spouses and each other.

So far he's had three children from two different women, and has a ton more on the way.

You know, I traditionally either kill off my sims as nastily as I can, or aggressively skill-grind them and breed them to produce the ultimate SIM, but for some reason Chad Casanova made me go "eww, Sims is innocent, that's not how you play Sims!".

Because apparently I'm a creepy 8-year old, lol.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Good Grief And Alas
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Well, I saw the new Star Wars movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Then again, I do have a Pavlovian response to the sound effects and aesthetics of said fictional universe, so perhaps my enjoyment is more based in me-really-liking-the-texture-of-this-one-hinged-porthole-and-the-sound-it-made-when-pulled-open than in any "plot" or "character" stuff.
  • Aliroz said:

Well, I saw the new Star Wars movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Then again, I do have a Pavlovian response to the sound effects and aesthetics of said fictional universe, so perhaps my enjoyment is more based in me-really-liking-the-texture-of-this-one-hinged-porthole-and-the-sound-it-made-when-pulled-open than in any "plot" or "character" stuff.
    doesn't make it any less of enjoyment :)
  • so how about that new cats film?
    I heard it flopped hard
  • I'm fascinated by it, but I don't want to waste my money on it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

I'm fascinated by it, but I don't want to waste my money on it

This was ultimately what Anonus and I decided as well

We mentioned it to my mom and she was like "Yeah, that's a movie you just wait to see for free on cable in two years"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'd be very surprised if Universal were able to sell it to an outside network

I figure it's headed straight for USA
  • Look at the reviews.

It is a dumpster fire
    in 20 years the critics will reverse themselves and declare it a masterpiece

....or not
  • that's possibly what's gonna happen with Sraw Rats (guaranteed in The Last Jedi's case, not sure about Rise of Skywalker yet)

I haven't seen the ninth one but I feel like the sequel series is going to only properly be judged on its own merits once it has time for people to leave it behind and come back to it later
  • nearly christ's mass
    a modern day Robin Hood, right? right
  • edited 2019-12-26 03:04:44
  • french canada is technically the original canada, so
  • Happy New Year y'all!
    may it be better than the old one
    moop
  • Christopher Tolkien passed away the day before yesterday.
    Saw that last night. RIP
    People who complain about downvotes on Reddit should be forcibly relocated to the surface of the Sun.