Halloween Usernames 2019: This Time It’s Creatures!!

edited 2019-10-31 14:56:23 in Administrivia
As is a long-established Heapers’ Hangout tradition, for the month of October you can change your username to something else! For fun! That’s about it. It’s not very complicated, people.

There are a few rules that apply:
  • No swapping usernames with another user. Swapping avatars, forum signatures, posting styles, etc. is fine, though.
  • You only get one username change this month. Pick a name and stick with it till the end of October.
  • All users will revert to their previous usernames on November 1st.
The list of name changes will be documented here as a kind of cheat sheet for those times when you get super confused. I’m the admin and that even happens to me sometimes.

Request your username change by posting in this thread.

The Roster
  • Odradek → Mark Trail
  • Imipolex G → Ashley St. Ives
  • Tatterhood → Canada Goose
  • Aliroz → Sarcosuchus imperator
  • eriophora zia → Verb in the Imperative Mood
  • Central Avenue → Twilight Sparkle
  • vtk → Dr. Naked
  • Anonus → Rarity (Rarity → Sweetie Belle)
  • Vriska → Medusa
  • Sredni Vashtar → Mary Waits in Silence
  • SF_Sorrow → Þe Bliſsful Siȝt of þe World
  • Section42L → Kid Columbo
  • glennmagusharvey → Rayne Lindwurm

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I forgot to pin this. It's pinned now.

I haven't exercised my mod powers in a while. I'm getting rusty.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Mark Trail
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ashley St. Ives
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Sarcosuchus imperator.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Verb in the Imperative Mood
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This might sound silly, Aliroz, but I didn't know if you wanted the period to be part of your name or if you were just punctuating your post. If you do want the period, let me know and I'll fix it.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I was just punctuating my post, like I always do.
  • edited 2019-10-06 05:52:12
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Chose my name to commemorate the series finale of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic this month.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Dr. Naked
    The question was raised of whether the "no swapping names with another user" rule applies to one's own sockpuppet accounts.

In previous years I would have raised the issue on the mod boards, but since Crystal and I are basically the only active mods at this point, and this is unlikely to ever come up again since so few of our active users even have sockpuppet accounts, I'm just gonna make an Executive Decision and say sure, that's allowed.

So, for the month of October, Anonus has become Rarity and Anonus's alt account Rarity has become Sweetie Belle.
  • Can I be Medusa?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Make me Mary Waits in Silence
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The question was raised of whether the "no swapping names with another user" rule applies to one's own sockpuppet accounts.

In previous years I would have raised the issue on the mod boards, but since Crystal and I are basically the only active mods at this point, and this is unlikely to ever come up again since so few of our active users even have sockpuppet accounts, I'm just gonna make an Executive Decision and say sure, that's allowed.

So, for the month of October, Anonus has become Rarity and Anonus's alt account Rarity has become Sweetie Belle.

(deep-linking doesn't work here so skip to 2:43)
  • can I just get mine changed back to planet Jane for the time being
    To clarify, are you asking for a Halloween name change or a permanent name change? I'm not gonna make you go through the formality of digging up the Totally Official Name Change Thread if it's the latter, but I want to be sure what I'm doing here.
  • Þe Bliſsful Siȝt of þe World
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Might as well enjoy being Kid Columbo for anyone who reads any of my posts in the archives here in the next ten days.
    You could always make more new posts in those 10 days!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    yeah!!!
  • I'd like to be Rayne Lindwurm for a day.
    Y'all are probably gonna get an extra day of these names because I'm not gonna be around at midnight tonight or most of the morning tomorrow to change them back.

If one of the other mods wants to do it that's cool but otherwise it's, like...gonna wait until I get around to it.
  • >To clarify, are you asking for a Halloween name change or a permanent name change? I'm not gonna make you go through the formality of digging up the Totally Official Name Change Thread if it's the latter, but I want to be sure what I'm doing here.
    • it was the latter yes
    Noted, Jane.

Also, I think I've got everyone back to normal now.

We good here?

Happy Day of the Dead, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.