Top 5 Creepiest Song Lyrics of All Time

edited 2019-05-04 16:32:31 in General
5: A little girl came up to me, acting young and shy/A look of curiosity was flashing in her eyes/She had seen my face before and thought she knew me well/So I said: "Shall we talk some more, girl come to my hotel" - 17 by Rick James

4: She's only seventeen (seventeen)/Daddy says she's too young, but she's old enough for me - Seventeen by Winger

3: She's just sixteen years old/Leave her alone, they say/Separated by fools/Who don't know what love is yet - Into the Night by Benny Mardones

2: Beneath your perfume and your make-up/You're just a baby in disguise/And though you know that it's wrong to be/Alone with me/That come on look is in your eyes - Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap

1: My uncle has a country place/That no one knows about - Red Barchetta by Rush

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Neil Peart's creepy uncle
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    When I was a kid, I heard it as, "She's just sixty years old".

Also, as for number one, there are plenty of non-evil things one can do with a country place that nobody knows of.  Heck, depending on the meaning of "has", it could be petroglyphs or an old Native American granary (the sort of thing that you find and then never tell anybody about, because these things survive by being secret), or perhaps a fishing spot.
  • Aliroz said:

Also, as for number one, there are plenty of non-evil things one can do with a country place

not if your name is "my uncle"
  • No creepy lyrics list is complete without that time the Beatles sang about a stalker trying to murder his ex.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

When I was a kid, I heard it as, "She's just sixty years old".

Also, as for number one, there are plenty of non-evil things one can do with a country place that nobody knows of.  Heck, depending on the meaning of "has", it could be petroglyphs or an old Native American granary (the sort of thing that you find and then never tell anybody about, because these things survive by being secret), or perhaps a fishing spot.
    Honestly the last line is only creepy out of context

In context his uncle just keeps a cool car in his country place
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice
    In the church where a wedding has been
    Lives in a dream
    Waits at the window, wearing the face
    That she keeps in a jar by the door
    Who is it for
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    There will always be Angels of Light's "New City in the Future", where the lyric is fairly creepy out of context but the way that it's delivered is horrifying. Also the ending of "New York Girls" from the same album.

Just listen to How I Loved You, TBH:
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I'm the kinda guy who laughs at a funeral
    Can't understand what I mean? You soon will