Interesting Stuff Or Things Re-Enjoyed Today In New Or Imaginative Notation

edited 2016-06-19 18:16:05 in Roleplay & Games
Despite the name, this is open to all things obscure from childhood or adulthood or any stage of life that are underrated or simply entertain us.

Like sidewalk chalk, playground slides, or that apple with a rope and a worm and holes in it that worked as a surprisingly effective mace because that thing was super hard.

RULES:  Only made-up or silly numbers, all entries must have an image, anyone can submit one.

Number Potato:  Remember Pattern Blocks, those thin colored blocks that were in geometric shapes, like Triangles, Hexagons, Squares, Trapezoids, Rhombuses, and Kites?  Those were amazing, and I still play with my set at home.

Number Entropy:  that apple with a rope and a worm and holes in it that worked as a surprisingly effective mace because that thing was super hard.

Number Riboflavin:  Those connector toys that were colorful and usually had six sides and it took me the longest time to find a picture of them on the internet because there is no good way to describe these in a way that a search engine can understand:

Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I like trapezoids.
  • edited 2016-06-19 18:25:05
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Number Telephone:  This exact green slide that my next-door-neighbor cousins had that was green and turned all the way around and it had the wooden bars at the top like a castle and it was a castle when I was a kid, and the slide was either an escape route or a dungeon, and it was super hard to get up the slide.

Number Trebuchet:  This swing-thing at the elementary school playground that had only one rope and was a circle, and standing on it was a power-up when we played games when I was a kid.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I like those curly slides.
  • edited 2019-02-21 02:04:52
    (2015 self)
    Number ISOTRETINOIN

The ARMOTRON was always great, and I feel happy childhood memories every time I see one:

• edited 2019-02-21 02:14:47
    (2015 self)
    Number Gilbreth:

This awesome toy that I just learned today is a Mighty Max thing (we still have it at my house):

It has a neat weight to it, and so many movable parts, and so many hidden skulls and stuff.  It could fascinate a young Rozzy for hours.

Of the pieces that came with it, the only one I remember is the Dragon, and I only just learned today that that went to this.
  • are those pattern blocks made of that thin plastic material that adheres removably to glass?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Not the kind that I have, no.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

are those pattern blocks made of that thin plastic material that adheres removably to glass?

I think they're usually wooden or plastic
  • edited 2019-03-25 23:05:15
    (2015 self)
    Number Brachiosaurus:  Trampoline parks with the blue-green checkerboard pattern and the room full of square trampolines with green separators, as seen in this video: