I wish I lived in Equestria

And that I were a pony
Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    which pony
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    But I'd miss you!!!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

which pony

I dunno

But I'd miss you!!!

You wouldn't join me?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ooh, I'm invited too? 😍

What about our other girfriends?
    They can come
  • edited 2019-02-24 04:35:53
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    "Click here to enable Adobe Flash Player"

Wow, 2011 really was another era in our history
  • Stone Age
    Iron Age
    Bronze Age
    Antiquity
    Middle Ages
    Renaissance
    Modern Age
    Flash Age
    JavaScript Age
  • I remember when it was like the best thing ever when I found a site that hosted MIDI versions of Mega Man music.
  • “My Nationalist Pony, Buttercup Dew’s Tumblr blog on the iconic children’s cartoon series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, is a masterpiece of culture-jamming. Buttercup analyzes My Little Pony from a White Nationalist, New Rightist, Traditionalist, and neo-pagan perspective. He pinpoints the show’s debts to European culture. He reads the stories as allegories teaching perennial truths about race, heredity, caste, sexual differences, self-actualization, virtue, and the divine. And he does it all without a hint of irony. Because if friendship is magic, ironic detachment is decadence. By collecting the best of the My Nationalist Pony blog and related texts, this volume once again demonstrates the New Right’s power to disclose hidden depths in popular culture.”

—Greg Johnson, author of The White Nationalist Manifesto
    Why
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    My Little Nazi
    Why
  • BeeBee
    edited 2019-02-25 21:20:01
    That's incredibly hilarious after season 8, much less all the international friendship-errantry that led up to it.  Douchebag probably had an aneurysm at the Young Six.
    The Young Six?

Every fucking time I fall behind on this show they whip out stuff like Detective Rarity or Lyra and Bon Bon being best friends
    Because, lemme tell ya, the Young Six sound very Centie
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Bee said:

That's incredibly hilarious after season 8, much less all the international friendship-errantry that led up to it.  Douchebag probably had an aneurysm at the Young Six.

I've seen plenty of SJ-focused criticism of the Friendship School, that it's unintentionally pushing a colonialist "white pony's burden" subtext. Mainly how the protagonists (who are clearly supposed to be in the right) keep referring to friendship as a distinctly pony virtue, that they need to spread to all the other species. So I'm sure the white nationalist brony would latch onto "Only ponies are capable of friendship" and use that as the lens to interpret the rest of season 8—conveniently ignoring the copious evidence against that interpretation. Like how there's no shortage of episodes about ponies being dumbasses about friendship, or how the climax of season 8 is a team of non-ponies saving the day by defeating a pony villain.

On a related note, I did really appreciate that episode with the Indian ponies, for having the blatant subtext "gentrified neighborhoods suck, even for the people living in them; improve your community by welcoming minority immigrants and their small businesses." 

Anonus said:

Because, lemme tell ya, the Young Six sound very Centie

Nah, the Young Six (actually I prefer the term Student Six) are pretty much teenagers. Cozy Glow would be more Centie's style.

... Don't google Cozy Glow. Just watch season 8. Trust me.