Social media doesn't do it for me

I am gonna engage fogey mode and say this.

It's this not-particularly-well-organized vortex of noise, coming at you at a whirlwind pace. It lends itself well to whipped-up frenzies over so many things, and it's tiresome. Also I feel like Facebook and Twitter have contributed greatly towards a homogenization of the internet, and a lower standard of discourse.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you're not wrong
  • I'm actually inclined to agree with all of that, particularly the "whirlwind pace" and "lends itself well to whipped-up frenzies over so many things, and it's tiresome" comments.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Indeed, it is so.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Facebook is just ads and recycled memes these days. I did like it when social media was more about the actual person. 
  • Honestly after seeing the kind of people I did when I still used FB, I prefer the ads and recycled memes.  It's a lot less disturbing than watching old friends turn into irrational ideologues.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    To be fair, that still exists too. It's a cesspool. 
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    facebook gives me that same grody feeling Yahoo! does
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Thankfully most of the people I follow on FB still are good about talking about their lives, and not just spamming memes or shilling products or something. That said, I really wish I didn't have to bother with it; the people I follow there are family members and old friends, people that made the jump from LJ and instant messengers years ago and never left.