why is the internet so bad lately

edited 2018-12-12 11:59:43 in General
like, for real

the FOSTA/SESTA debacles, Imgur deciding it no longer wants to be used for what people use it for (and nobody's cooked up a replacement either, there was never anything waiting for us in the event it too went down the tubes)...

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Anonus said:

Imgur deciding it no longer wants to be used for what people use it for

???

Also FOSTA is just part of the ongoing no-platforming of sex workers, the Internet just happens to be the most convenient platform for them due to previous legislative efforts.
  • neither of these seem like specifically recent phenomena, or related to each other
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    why is the internet so bad
  • If you mean forum image hosting, I've been using postimages for a while now.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    What has imgur been doing?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I think they'd prefer not to be an image host

Instead they wanna be a social network or something
  • What has imgur been doing?

I just posted
  • edited 2018-12-13 01:56:30
    I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I feel like they've been doing that for a while. They have a really toxic community on there, though, so people who don't want to hate humanity just stick to using it as an image host.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    worst thing about imgur is that if you go there you see their front page which is inevitably going to be full of whatever horrible stuff their community has dredged up, when all you really want to do is host an image.
    They've made it a bit clunkier lately, that's for sure. It used to feel a lot more streamlined - now I have several extra clicks for no good reason*.

*other than advertisements....
  • edited 2018-12-13 03:59:43
    Anonus said:

I just posted

(I know you just posted what you think they're doing, but I was more curious exactly what it is they were doing.  i guess i'll go check it myself)

(oh gosh it did change its look.  okay i'm too lazy to go further)
  • edited 2018-12-13 05:12:03
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I feel like they've been doing that for a while. They have a really toxic community on there, though, so people who don't want to hate humanity just stick to using it as an image host.

Imgur is essentially a spin-off of Reddit but it's somehow attracted their really bad apples
    It's essentially where the dregs of Reddit spillover. It's like non-anonymous 4chan, kinda.
    Yeah definitely