GMH's favorite Sailor Guardian is Mercury b/c she's the only one still using Firefox and not Chrome

Comments

• actually Moon just uses the built-in Android Browser so you're wrong

meanwhile, Mercury, being a tech whiz, actually uses a customized version of Firefox that she compiled.
  • edited 2018-07-31 00:07:35
    y'know what's funny

Waterfox 56.2.2: 95/100 - edit: I ran it again and now it's 96/100
    Pale Moon 27.9.3: 99/100 - edit: I ran it again and now it's 100/100
    Vivaldi 1.15.1147.55: 97/100
    Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18953: 100/100

I haven't updated IE at all except through occasional updates.

The other three browsers, on the other hand, I do keep updated.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    IE 11 is the most recent version of IE, since Microsoft's discontinued IE development in favor of Edge.
  • edited 2018-07-31 01:10:08
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

actually Moon just uses the built-in Android Browser so you're wrong

meanwhile, Mercury, being a tech whiz, actually uses a customized version of Firefox that she compiled.

That would be pointless, given that Firefox releases daily dev builds. :P
    (Which is currently 2 versions ahead of Firefox.)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Maybe she recompiled it to run on that magical handheld computer Luna gave her.
  • edited 2018-07-31 01:38:09

Maybe she recompiled it to run on that magical handheld computer Luna gave her.
    that, and it has some extensions and other extra stuff built in

(CelestialCatOS is not a standard operating system on Earth, unfortunately)
    I actually had an extended conversation elsewhere a few weeks ago about what operating systems existed in 1992 that Sailor Mercury's handheld computer could feasibly have been running, if you ignore that it's an arcane magical artifact.
  • edited 2018-07-31 01:52:41
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Our conclusion? Probably some kind of BSD.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2018-07-31 02:23:40

IE 11 is the most recent version of IE, since Microsoft's discontinued IE development in favor of Edge.

Speaking as someone who's recently had to develop for Edge, it's really just IE12.  And I'd wager about half to 3/4 of the code is IE11 anyway.

Also as of the end of that job, Win10 Enterprise didn't let you install Edge because it wasn't on Microsoft's list of long-term servicing software.
  • I actually had an extended conversation elsewhere a few weeks ago about what operating systems existed in 1992 that Sailor Mercury's handheld computer could feasibly have been running, if you ignore that it's an arcane magical artifact.

i think it's a divine magical artifact actually
    Still running BSD.
  • edited 2018-07-31 03:23:31
    I'm pretty sure being a divine magical artifact increases the probability of running BSD
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I'm pretty sure being a divine magical artifact increases the probability of running BSD

• edited 2018-07-31 03:57:09

why can't i find a clip of Tapris talking about knowing a bit of C and Java and getting into PHP next, when I need it

http://www.crunchyroll.com/gabriel-dropout/episode-11-fun-forever-after-727505
    (start at 11:44 here for the full skit)
    Gabriel DropOut season 2 when