Jerry Bruckheimer movies

Did anybody ever think they were good (though people like POTC)

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't know if I've watched any of his
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I always felt like we were supposed to think highly of his productions because he is a Hitmaker whose movies Made a Lot of Money
    Also when I was growing up he was very tight with Disney/Touchstone - I believe he had a first-look deal with them? (Which actually got traded to Paramount for the distribution rights to Indiana Jones V years later!)

You know, from that period when we were supposed to think Touchstone was A Major Studio
  • The first Pirates of the Caribbean still holds up imo.

On the other hand he did that King Arthur movie which was pretty much the worst thing I ever saw as a kid.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *looks up a list of his credits*

Beverly Hills Cop is actually good.

Top Gun has some cool flying scenes?

Con Air and Armageddon are both terrible.

Never saw any of the others.
    w/r/t Con Air: Hey, now, 1997 was actually a pretty auspicious year for the Walt Disney Company

But yeah I was exposed to a fair bit of his Touchstone output thanks to Starz!
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Con Air is funny.

I will never get over how Nic Cage was in jail for murder then ended up killing a bunch of other people and those other murders just didn’t matter in the end.
  • edited 2018-07-18 21:00:10
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember seeing ads for Days of Thunder everywhere back in 1990, and not understanding what the fuss was about.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Com Truise
  • edited 2018-07-19 03:02:20
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Con Air is actually pretty fun, if very much because it is so very over the top. Also, Steve motherfuckin’ Buscemi, y’all.