Princess Meredith Teaches Typing

edited 2018-04-12 22:56:15 in Roleplay & Games
Apparently a young lady by the name of Mavis Beacon has been going around and teaching children across America how to touch-type. Well, Centralian kids need to learn how to type too, right? So I trie to get in contact with Ms. Beacon, only to be told some ridiculous story about how she "never existed" and was "just a model posing for promotional photos." If you'll pardon my language: what a load of humbug!

So, in the name of fulfilling my duty to my loyal subjects, I've taken it upon myself to teach you how to type! What could possibly go wrong?

Before we begin, there are a few supplies I need you to gather.

1. A keyboard. Any old keyboard will do, but I recommend one with letters on the keys. A space bar is also helpful to have, if you can find a keyboard with one.
  2. Fingers. Any number is acceptable, but my lessons will be written with the assumption that you have 10 fingers divided equally among two hands. This seems to be the most common arrangement in humans, as far as I can tell.
  3. I'm told typing works best if you have a computer to plug the keyboard into. I'm skeptical, so I won't make it a requirement, but if you have a computer handy, you may want to use it for this course. Alternatively, some keyboards come with a computer built-in, like the Commodore 64 or the ZX Spectrum.
I look forward to helping you along on your adventures through typery!

Your absolute ruler,
Princess Meredith

Comments