i blame you for making me spend 2 hours looking at videos of stupid things

here's my thank-you note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t8KkEVfP98#t=7m4s
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    incredible
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    My comments:

Well at least he's backing on a ramp and not on the freeway mainline with fast flowing traffic (like I had to dodge once).

What?

What???

WHAT?????
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    People have speculated that the car's transmission failed in such a way that only the reverse gear was working.

Of course, if that was the case, they should have only reversed onto the shoulder and called for help, not gone all the way to the Kroger parking lot.
  • They were already on the median, so actually they could have just called for help there.

Though maybe since the traffic was backed up moving forward and maybe help couldn't easily get through the median from the other side (or the next exit that way is very far away) so yeah in that case going from median to shoulder should have been enough.

But being on a Kroger lot is more convenient though.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I'm not sure which way that camera is facing, but eastbound the next exit is a mile and a half (with a RIRO turnoff before that) and westbound the next exit is three miles (with a couple of crossroads first).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The cardinal direction and azimuth are beneath the timestamp. They started from westbound 33.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Seems like driving backwards on Gender Road should be a metaphor for something
    I've seen a few other people make that observation too, hee hee
  • how does a road end up being called "gender" anyway
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    vtk said:

Seems like driving backwards on Gender Road should be a metaphor for something

• vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

how does a road end up being called "gender" anyway

Probably named after some German American family who owned land in the area
  • vtkvtk
    edited 2018-06-10 03:34:10
    embrace the confusion
    Funny thing about Gender Road: a bit south of here (or is it north of here?) it traverses a big S curve. You could call it a "bend".