The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    honestly i would expect a Khajiit to have fur coming out of their ears
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • our store manager's name is Cat

she is a lesbian
  • “Alice is like Princess Kaguya, except instead of being found in a stalk of bamboo and sending suitors on impossible quests, she was found in a toy store and eats all the candy.” – Fossilmaiden
    You know what's weird to remember? The $1 bill is mostly an American thing. Most other countries have their $1 (or whatever the local equivalent is) as a coin.
  • edited 2018-06-07 03:20:42
    It was quite a revelation when I put it together that the US using a $1 bill is the reason none of the wallets at Walmart have anywhere to put change.
  • Like I'd been aware of $1 bills forever but I'd never quite thought through the implications of it. You could just, not carry any coins around, and it wouldn't be horribly inconvenient. Weird.
  • “Alice is like Princess Kaguya, except instead of being found in a stalk of bamboo and sending suitors on impossible quests, she was found in a toy store and eats all the candy.” – Fossilmaiden
    Our $1 coins are a bit like our $2 bills: they're still being made, and it's not exactly rare to find one, but they're not in common usage and you might come across one once or twice a year at most.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Our $1 coins are a bit like our $2 bills: they're still being made, and it's not exactly rare to find one, but they're not in common usage and you might come across one once or twice a year at most.

I'm pretty sure almost all the times I've seen them since coming to California have been the change machines for the metro and Metrolink trains
    i was quite shocked to learn $1 bills were a thing, because prior to that i had always interpreted banknotes on tv as meaning quite a lot of money
  • holla holla get dolla
    i don't believe forbes.com really needs 'a few minutes' to 'process' that, given the choice, i don't want my data sold to advertising companies
    lol they actually won't let me read the site unless i explicitly give my consent

nah you're good mate
  • remember when Steve Forbes tried to run for president
  • Tachyon said:

lol they actually won't let me read the site unless i explicitly give my consent

nah you're good mate
    I mean forbes is also the site that didn't take down their "disable adblock pl0x" javascript garbage even when it was discovered they were serving malware ads for a month, so
    did they at least stop running the malware ads?
  • Those specific ones, at least.
  • Halfway through my nine hour shift.

Four hours to go!
  • Seven hour shift today, and if I survive my reward is the weekend.

woohoo
  • forbes is buzzfeed for rich people
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Rude to Buzzfeed.
  • There are more things on heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio.

Transgender armor, Transgender gloves, Database cowl, Database boots

Underwater temple, underwater monk.
  • weekend is over

sad face
    MARCONI PLAYS THE MAMBA

LISTEN TO THE RADIO
  • don't you remember
  • derw;;;;;;;llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll;hhhhhhhh
  • The previous post was composed by holding a cat and placing her paws on the keyboard.
  • Lol I told the cat you said hi and she twitched her tail.
  • is it the little grey cat?
  • Me: I’ll just do some level grinding for the Elite Four, but nothing more.

*two hours later*

Me: Oh, I’m now the Champion.

Yeah, Pokemon Omega Ruby owns my soul.
  • It is always the little grey cat

Unless I am petsitting and it is the little black cat
  • I’m topping up the purple parts of my hair.

So far all I’ve managed to stain is my forehead and ears.

And my neck.

And the pristine clean beige bath rug.
  • And my hands and arms.

Possibly the bathroom floor and sink, too.
  • you keep missing the target
  • Having a conversation with this old lady when I was on the tills at work, and she said that she had just left work and her brain was mush. I said that I was in at 10am and finished at 7pm. She said, “Oh, it’s fine when you’re busy, but when you’re not, it goes by so slowly. It’s like waiting to be hung.”
  • there's a Yes song that includes the phrase "crucified by time"

that's my favorite metaphor for that feeling.
    waiterman, can we talk one-on-one for a bit

ther'es been onobody else in teh building for the pats six hours
    so i suppose can

ok
    ij ust wanna ask you a few things

what's wrong, schef?

well
    how can you just leave me standing?
    alone in a world that's so cold?

chef, i--

maybe i'm just too dmeanding
    maybe i'm just like my father, too bold
    mayibe i'm just liek my mother

she's never satisfied?

why do we scream at each other?
    this is what it sounds like when pidove cries

pidove is my favorite pokemon!!

i know!
    this is your birthday surprise, waiterman

oh chef, it's just what i wnated
    but how do i get the pidove from the birthday card into my 3ds

what's a 3ds?
    i thought pokemon was real life

are you confusing pokemon with politics again, chef?

wait, you mean barack obama's not a pokemon trainer?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    http://nostalgebraist.tumblr.com/post/167719195684/say-what-you-will-about-brazenautomatons-status#notes

I hope the sociopathic piece of shit that wrote this sees this and feels as bad about himself as he deserves to
    I lack any context as to what is being said here
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Somebody is suicidally mentally ill, and nostalgbraist, who is a sociopathic barely-human idiot, is egging them on
  • bump
  • :(

R.I.P.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    :(

RIP
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    My sister is wearing a hoodie. It is 30°.
  • My sister is wearing a hoodie. It is 30°.

Someone at work is wearing a jumper. I asked her how she was able to cope with the heat. She said “it’s not hot enough for me”.

How.
  • Temperature is subjective

I'm more sensitive to cold than heat, I know that.
  • My sister is wearing a hoodie. It is 30°.

I am also doing that.
    30C is apparently 86F??? I don't know how anyone would stand to wear a hoodie in that kind of weather