The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Guess who has work from 10:15 until 19:15?

On a Saturday?

This girl, right here.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh my god

Good luck
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    will you at least be getting extra break?
  • Yeah, I get three breaks: two fifteen minute breaks and a half an hour break.

Just on my lunch break. It's been really busy, so I'm resting up whilst I can.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    well I just worked 12:00 to 8:30

also not much fun
    someone printed a cow poster, though
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    ah's Ark (Hebrew: תיבת נח‎; Biblical Hebrew: Tevat Noaḥ) is the vessel in the Genesis flood narrative (Genesis chapters 6–9) by which God spares Noah, his family, and a remnant of all the world's animals from a world-engulfing flood. According to Genesis, God gave Noah instructions for building the ark. Seven days before the deluge, God told Noah to enter the ark with his household and the animals. The story goes on to describe the ark being afloat for 150 days and then coming to rest on the Mountains of Ararat and the subsequent receding of the waters. The story is repeated, with variations, in the Quran, where the ark appears as Safina Nūḥ (Arabic: سفينة نوح‎ "Noah's boat").
    Interspecies dating?
    No, Anonus, that is not what it means.
    I'm just saying

There's an alternative
    No

there isn't
  • My dreams exceed my real life

No

there isn't

• edited 2018-06-05 08:42:38
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    not in the context of the story, not if giraffes are to survive the flood

joke killed, you're welcome
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Toolsie said:

boop

borp
  • I got out of my shift at work an hour ago, but my parents decided to take me to Pizza Hut for dinner.

Which was good, because a seven hour shift really leaves you hungry.
    i miss seven hour shifts, no joke
  • edited 2018-06-05 21:49:02
    ಠ_ಠ
    I’ve got a nine hour shift on Friday (actually eight hours, but I have an hour’s worth of breaks).

Also, guess who potentially has an eye infection? This chick, right here.

I say potentially, because it’s more on an eyelash infection. A stye, or something like that.
    There was a fire at Del Taco caused by a cigarette butt in the wood chips

Fortunately they seem to be putting it out
    that sounds really painful, Toolsie.  how bad is it?

what shape is Del Taco in now, Anonus?
    after today i'm back on closes, and i will probably start looking with fondness at shifts less than 10 hours long

today i'm on the open though, so my shift is only 9 hours
    Tachyon said:

that sounds really painful, Toolsie.  how bad is it?

what shape is Del Taco in now, Anonus?
    great shape
    Tachyon said:

after today i'm back on closes, and i will probably start looking with fondness at shifts less than 10 hours long

today i'm on the open though, so my shift is only 9 hours
    good luck
    I honestly think that doing 9 or 10+ hour shifts regularly would drive me insane.
    that's good, must be a relief

and thanks!  i have work now, see you later.
    have a good day
  • My shifts vary, like today I have a four and a quarter hour long shift. It’s not too bad, I’ll just be on tills a lot.
    thanks Anonus

four and a half hours hardly seems worth going in for
  • Yeah, it is a short shift, but hey.

Money.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    When I worked part-time 4-5 hours shifts were the norm for me.

I might do that again this summer, since I don't think I'm completely ready to jump back into full-time employment given my issues with the sleep apnea.
  • Playing Skyrim, and a guard confronted me about being in the Thieves Guild.

I wonder what gave me away? It couldn’t possibly be because I’m walking around with the Thieves Guild uniform on, right?
    naaaaaaaaaah

someone stole his sweet roll
  • I also like how they comment that I have for coming out of my ears when I become a werewolf, even though I’m wearing a helmet that covers my entire head.
  • Drunk mannnnn wandering around the store harassing customerrrrrs
  • I’ve now joined the Dark Brotherhood.
    As such, I have combined the two uniforms together to get their respective bonuses: the extra carrying weight of the TG armour and and lock picking bonus of the TG gloves, but also the arrow damage bonus of the DB cowl and the muffled footsteps bonus of the DB boots.

I’m playing a Khajiit stealth archer, in case that wasn’t obvious.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Transgender armor, Transgender gloves, Database cowl, Database boots
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Transgender armor, Transgender gloves, Database cowl, Database boots

honestly i would expect a Khajiit to have fur coming out of their ears
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    our store manager's name is Cat

she is a lesbian
    You know what's weird to remember? The $1 bill is mostly an American thing. Most other countries have their $1 (or whatever the local equivalent is) as a coin.
  • edited 2018-06-07 03:20:42
    It was quite a revelation when I put it together that the US using a $1 bill is the reason none of the wallets at Walmart have anywhere to put change.
  • Like I'd been aware of $1 bills forever but I'd never quite thought through the implications of it. You could just, not carry any coins around, and it wouldn't be horribly inconvenient. Weird.
    Our $1 coins are a bit like our $2 bills: they're still being made, and it's not exactly rare to find one, but they're not in common usage and you might come across one once or twice a year at most.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Our $1 coins are a bit like our $2 bills: they're still being made, and it's not exactly rare to find one, but they're not in common usage and you might come across one once or twice a year at most.

I'm pretty sure almost all the times I've seen them since coming to California have been the change machines for the metro and Metrolink trains
    i was quite shocked to learn $1 bills were a thing, because prior to that i had always interpreted banknotes on tv as meaning quite a lot of money
    holla holla get dolla
    i don't believe forbes.com really needs 'a few minutes' to 'process' that, given the choice, i don't want my data sold to advertising companies