The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Oh, it's still a tap when it's outdoors?

For us, the indoor ones are faucets but the outdoor ones are spigots
    no, it's a spigot either way
  • kill living beings
    "tap" and "faucet" apply regardless of location or control scheme. "spigot" is a beatnik
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Here, any type of valve you'd use in everyday life is a tap, otherwise it's a valve.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Jane said:

Oh, it's still a tap when it's outdoors?

For us, the indoor ones are faucets but the outdoor ones are spigots
    no, it's a spigot either way
    This might be an Appalachian thing, as I've mainly encountered that usage in West Virginia.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    from a few pages back: I remember watching bowling when I was younger mainly because I was curious about how the pinsetters worked
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the pinsetters were kind of interesting, yeah

they seemed magical
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    tumblr's 'manage options' thing that comes up when you try to access now is the most tiresome longwinded thing, and this is absolutely how they planned it
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I wish Verizon would sell the fucking thing back to Karp for a fraction of what Yahoo! paid for it
  • edited 2018-05-29 15:26:44
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Tachyon said:

tumblr's 'manage options' thing that comes up when you try to access now is the most tiresome longwinded thing, and this is absolutely how they planned it

Also illegal!
    (32) Consent should be given by a clear affirmative act establishing a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her, such as by a written statement, including by electronic means, or an oral statement.

This could include ticking a box when visiting an internet website, choosing technical settings for information society services or another statement or conduct which clearly indicates in this context the data subject's acceptance of the proposed processing of his or her personal data.

Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not therefore constitute consent.
    late to this but I walked out of Solo yesterday

It was the first movie I ever walked out of without finishing
  • edited 2018-05-30 00:28:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I was on vacation at my grandma's ranch and haven't seen Solo, though I did see Coco on memorial day with my extended family after getting home.

It was incredibly resonant.  The importance of family history with regards to eternity, the need to remember and honor those who are gone, and the damage that comes when you hate by association are all very important to me.

I don't think I'm ready to accept that last lesson though.  Seeing my old enemy Robert Lopez in the credits dropped Coco from "possibly in my top eight favorite movies ever" to "will recommend, but will never watch again and will never buy".  You may have won awards for Let it Go, Lopez, but you have the unyielding hatred of retail workers everywhere, and I will not sanction your musical witchcraft.
    Anonus said:

late to this but I walked out of Solo yesterday

It was the first movie I ever walked out of without finishing
    what was wrong with it
    it was boring
    oh
  • So my brand new laptop, which I bought so I could play The Sims 3 on it more easily, does not contain a disk tray. 

Oh well, at least it doesn't sound like it's about to explode whenever I turn it on. 
  • And I can use it to get some proper writing done now. 
  • But I can pick up an external CD drive, so all is not lost.
    I think most laptops these days have no disc drive.
  • I haven’t had a new laptop in five years, so...
  • It was quite cloudy and grey this morning, and I knew that thunderstorms had been predicted, but I didn't think much of it.

Until I left the house to go to work. And then it started pissing it down.

In the fifteen minutes it takes for me to walk from my house to the nearest tram stop, I was praying that there wouldn't be any lightning as I was walking with an umbrella.
    usually when i watch a show there will be characters i like a lot, others i like not so much, and one or two that i could do without

but the major characters in cardcaptor sakura are all so great for their own different reasons that i really can't pick a favourite

and there's nobody on the show who i'm like 'ugh that guy' when they show up, either
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The first time I watched CCS I got to Syaoran's introductory episode and I was like "oh, of course they added a rival, and a boy no less" but within like a couple episodes I found him equally as endearing as Sakura herself, which was a welcome surprise.
    iirc as a kid i was much less favourably disposed to Syaoran and Meiling, but on rewatch i liked them very quickly

also: Suppi is so, so good
    time for work, alas
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Have fun particlefriend.
    i'll do my best!
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

iirc as a kid i was much less favourably disposed to Syaoran and Meiling, but on rewatch i liked them very quickly

TBF, the dub did try their best to make him into just The Rival, so I can get disliking him just from watching that.
    Also in the dub Meiling wasn't even Syaroan's cousin, which meant she was just kinda...some rando who hung around with the other three.
    Hong Meiling
    Ohio State University has a Meiling Hall, which used to make me think of Hong Meiling but now makes me think of Li Meiling.

We also have McCracken Power Plant, which makes me think of Craig.
  • edited 2018-05-31 05:39:18
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Also in the dub Meiling wasn't even Syaroan's cousin, which meant she was just kinda...some rando who hung around with the other three.

okay but it did serve to strip her interest in Syaoran of its values dissonance
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    is the cousin thing a japan thing or just a clamp thing though tbh
    clamp i guess
  • Getting my hair done today.

Having brown fading into purple, ombré style.

Tachyon said:

TBF, the dub did try their best to make him into just The Rival, so I can get disliking him just from watching that.
    ah, right

when i was a kid i watched the dub, so that would explain it, yes

Calica said:

is the cousin thing a japan thing or just a clamp thing though tbh

i mean it crops up in fire emblem and sword art online from what i remember so i'm pretty sure it's values dissonance, it's not specific to clamp
  • kill living beings
    yeah there's less of a taboo. you can legally marry a cousin apparently
    I forgot that.
    hi
    lo
  • Found my old Attack on Titan hoodie that my ex got me for Christmas.

Because I usually wear really baggy hoodies, having a hoodie that fits me normally is weird.
    moo
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I'm dr. calica now
    \:D/
    congrats, Dr. Calica!
  • Hell fuckin' yes
    what's up, doc?