What makes Fox better than the other broadcast networks?

edited 2018-05-15 22:49:49 in General
Because, like, I watch things like this:

And wonder...

I mean, if Fox came on the scene after the other major networks, there's gotta be some reason to choose Fox over the rest? And their local stations over the rest?
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This is kind of a weird question because it presupposes that the people you're asking think Fox is better than the other broadcast networks
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    should I change this to something else

like "Why should we think Fox is the best network?"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I dunno, it's not like I really have an answer either way?
    oh
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Fox was doing well with younger demos and teenagers at a time when even NBC's hit shows were skewing a bit older (this was the network of The Cosby Show, after all), ABC was moribund under CapCities, and CBS was pretty much dead meat. They even successfully counterprogrammed the Super Bowl in 1992.
    It is striking that there was a time when Fox was not middle-of-the-road or wretched

Was the news on WTTG shitty
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    remember when Fox put The Simpsons right up against The Cosby Show
    That they did!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

sheer prophecy

sheer fucking prophecy
    $$$
  • BeeBee
    edited 2018-05-16 02:42:08
    I maintain that Mediocre Simpsons is still one of the better things on TV.  It just has a nearly impossible bar to live up to.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

This is kind of a weird question because it presupposes that the people you're asking think Fox is better than the other broadcast networks

Fox is obviously worse
    There was a period starting shortly after they got the NFL contract when they decided to pitch out their cool cred and run a shitton of garbage