smug europeans who don't like Hersheys

Go drink your goat cheese and cry about it, frenchie

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I am an American who does not like Hershey's, and I resent the way these people speak as if love of Hershey's is some universal American thing
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    eh

i mean it's not the greatest chocolate, but it's chocolate

european shrug
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    don't diss goat cheese, myr
    i have never, never ever, never ever ever heard a European describe the love of Hershey's as an American universal

that is not a stereotype we have
    Tachyon said:

i have never, never ever, never ever ever heard a European describe the love of Hershey's as an American universal

that is not a stereotype we have
    well like

the internet made me believe that a lot of the kinds of people myr is talking about think that?
    as an american Hershey's is motherfucking disgusting, even though they make the vastly superior Reese's line of products

Thank god Europe makes Lindt products and such, and Nestlé's version of Kit Kat even though Nestlé is evil
    i feel like Myr is most likely talking about Europeans, who, having tasted better chocolate, feel that Hershey's is mediocre

i would expect this to be a pretty normal European opinion

that said, my parents bought some fancy French chocolate one time and i couldn't even eat it, it was so bitter (i was a kid at the time)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tachyon said:

i feel like Myr is most likely talking about Europeans, who, having tasted better chocolate, feel that Hershey's is mediocre

i would expect this to be a pretty normal European opinion

that said, my parents bought some fancy French chocolate one time and i couldn't even eat it, it was so bitter (i was a kid at the time)

dark chocolate was not something i much cared for as a kid

and yeah, i have a pretty strong sense of taste, and the main hershey's line is gross to me

i already didn't like it much as a kid because it was weird and dry
    that's a good skit

i have always liked dark chocolate, but by that i mean, like, Bournville, which as dark chocolate goes is very mild and sweet

in any case i prefer Dairy Milk

Hershey's tastes sorta buttery by comparison, and the texture is different, idk how to describe it exactly
    also like there is European chocolate which is clearly richer than Cadbury's or Hershey's, but is still enjoyably sweet and not bitter, which is more what i had in mind when i said 'better chocolate'

i don't think that's some snobby thing, i'm not talking about refined palates or whatever i'm just saying there is better chocolate out there
    "fat and sugar" princess emoji
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've never had Cadbury's Dairy Milk, but I saw them for sale at Family Dollar just now, so I picked one up

I'm not gonna eat it right now because it's just about dinner time, but I will report back when I do
    That's the American Dairy Milk...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I figured it would be different than the British one, but it's still something I've never tried, so...why not?
    iirc isn't American Cadbury's literally just Hershey's?

i've never had it so i could be completely wrong
    Update: I've now tried the American Dairy Milk

It's better than a standard Hershey bar, but not by that much
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    usually I skip the hershey's and the nestle's and go straight for the Lindt and the Ferrero since they're actually relatively cheap here. Mars products are good as well.
    that they are

even though i've had my fill of snickers bars

i still like twix tho