Olden age Golden age: Free comics liveblogged by Odradek

123457»

Comments

• kill living beings
    blimp stutters in his own thoughts
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    So, Scoop and Blimp just sort of bumble into the smuggling operation, then things just sort of happen around them, and then they leave. They don't kill the mooks on the boat; a random octopus does that. They don't beat Otto Krug; Ferretti does that. Heck, Ferretti leads the other ex-convicts to revolt against Krug specifically because Scoop is on the island, and he thinks that will make a difference—but as soon as the fighting starts, Scoop and Blimp GTFO.

Scoop probably told his editor that he fought Krug all by himself. That jerk.

Odradek said:

Brilliant layouts on this page, though. In the first two panels, Scoop lets his wristwatch do the talking for him, but his editor is unimpressed. So unimpressed that he blocks Scoop's face with his visor in panel three. A very avant-garde technique.
  • kill living beings
    oh god that nose block, you're right

but, you know, they're reporters, not private soldiers or something. they shouldn't be getting into fights anyway
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

oh god that nose block, you're right

but, you know, they're reporters, not private soldiers or something. they shouldn't be getting into fights anyway
    Could have made for a more interesting story if Scoop was sneaking around, trying not to get caught, rather than getting into fistfights and swinging jaguars around by the neck.
  • kill living beings
    that's so