I have decided to learn psychic powers...

edited 2018-05-08 14:41:37 in Roleplay & Games
Having had some limited success bending spoons with my mind, and having deliberated on this at length, I have decided to apply for an interdepartmental course comprising equal parts magic and psionics, as opposed to the straight magic course I was originally going to take.

Obviously I will be required to take the basic classes in wand-work, enchantment, remote viewing and psychokinesis.  I'm thinking of also taking modules in astral projection and aura reading.  Does anyone have any suggestions for other modules I should take, or general advice for pursuing this field of study?

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Do you need formal studies for this? I figured it was just as well to sit around your bedroom practicing on your own.
  • Do you need formal studies for this? I figured it was just as well to sit around your bedroom practicing on your own.

that's not what you thought a week and a half ago
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Pointing out a princess's lack of consistency is illegal in some countries, you know. 😐
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    But weirdly, not in Centralia. You forgot to try and write that into the books one day because it overlapped with a month-long candy high (which itself was done because... uh, reasons).
  • pretty much some white kid

Do you need formal studies for this? I figured it was just as well to sit around your bedroom practicing on your own.

Sure, I've been having a go at home with the help of the textbook, but I figure I could benefit from a more academic approach.  Some of the theory is a bit confusing...
  • edited 2018-05-08 17:39:12
    > spoon bending

you should prepare yourself for psychic court battles with uri geller, who likes telling people he invented it even though he didn't
  • pretty much some white kid
    I'm just practising at home; I'm not planning on doing this commercially!  In any case, I'm fairy sure he never applied for IP protection in Centralia so I'm probably safe.