• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    same, as a teenage particle
    although i was still learning to read when it first came out
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I was reading Lord of the Rings when it first came out
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    a gliiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
  • *rummages through records to determine whether my twitter password was used anywhere else*
  • edited 2018-05-03 22:22:45
    > where else do i use my twitter password?
    > check
    > TV Tropes, apparently
    > go to reset my TVT password

> Password was successfully changed to "[passwordinplaintextonwebpage]"!
    OH GOSH
    *punches TVT*

...well, actually, it's not used anywhere else right now so I could just leave it as is and mark it as deprecated.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    TVT having lax password security is not news, Glenn.

• > where else do i use my twitter password?
    > check
    > TV Tropes, apparently

OH GOSH
    *punches TVT*

...well, actually, it's not used anywhere else right now so I could just leave it as is and mark it as deprecated.
    That's definitely a bad sign but technically it doesn't mean that they're storing it in plaintext long-term.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

> where else do i use my twitter password?
    > check
    > TV Tropes, apparently

OH GOSH
    *punches TVT*

That's definitely a bad sign but technically it doesn't mean that they're storing it in plaintext long-term.
    See, I almost said that, then I remembered that this was TVT we're talking about and they've given me no reason to believe they're not storing passwords in plaintext.
  • edited 2018-05-04 00:02:47
    Calica said they were, in 2013.

They probably still are.
  • edited 2018-05-04 00:21:01
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Eh, I use a different password on every site, and got banned from Tv Tropes before it required an email.

If you can actually log in on Tv Tropes with my old username, please send me transcripts of all the pms.  They're one of the things that I miss most.

Calica said they were, in 2013.

They probably still are.

Let's be honest, if they were in 2013, they are now. The new administrators are mildly more competent than Eddie, but they kept around people like Fighteer who have the "Eddie did nothing wrong" mindset, so even his more blatant missteps have gone unfixed.
    I wish things didn't require passwords
  • I wish things didn't require passwords

come to think of it, if the world basically had the population level/density of a fantasy JRPG, then we wouldn't need passwords and could run off of personal face/voice recognition
  • Question: I’m getting over a really bad cold, and I am constantly blowing my nose and coughing a lot. I have to do a five hour shift at work on seven hours sleep, and then when I get home, I have a short break before I have to do a two hour driving lesson.

Given that my job is pretty hands on and I’ll likely be on my feet all day, and added to the fact that I have a cold, I’m likely to be half dead by the time I get home. My driving lesson will involve some high speed driving, which is the worst time to have a sneezing or coughing fit. Shall I rearrange my driving lesson or just push through it no matter how I feel?
    Only you know how you feel, but don't feel bad about rearranging the driving lesson if you're not up to it.
    If it were me, I'd postpone the driving lesson.
  • I'm not too bad right now, but I'll see how I feel later on. If it gets to the end of my shift and I feel like I'm death's door, I'll rearrange it. I have one on next Tuesday, so it's not too bad.
    Hi Tools.

How's your weekend been?
  • I worked two shifts at work whilst battling a cold, ending up passing out last night and waking up gone midday, and now my sleeping pattern is fucked.

How are you?
  • Also, I’ve downloaded a dating app where the woman has to make the first move and send the first message. Men can’t send the first message unless they’re with another bloke. Plus, and I like this feature, there’s an option for bi and pan folks, which is nice.
    That sounds quite nice. The dating app stuff, that is, not the other thing.

I'm doing OK. I went swimming with friends last night, then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Then today I've done...pretty much nothing.
  • I did go for a walk with my parents and my dog to the woods today, to let the dog go for a swim in a stream. He seemed to enjoy it, fetching a stick that was longer than he was.
    I've had a headache all day today

Also ate some enchiladas.
  • I went for a swim myself a couple days ago, first time in a long while.

Pretty nice.  The pool is heated and so warm even on a day with chilly wind like there was.

There was some trash in the pool; I gathered some newspaper and threw it in the trash, then had to steer clear of what I think was dog poo.  Well to be fair I don't know what kind of poo it was but it was some kind of poo.  Thankfully, it mostly maintained its integrity in the pool and also floated on the surface.
    we needed to know that.
  • I haven’t been swimming for ages, mainly due to the fact that I don’t really feel the need to.

Spoiler:
    plus I’m afraid of those black lines on the bottom of swimming pools that are everywhere why it’s not even an Olympic pool why do you need them?
  • edited 2018-05-07 01:18:38
    ಠ_ಠ
    So far on this app, I have found someone I went to secondary school with (who has liked me?!), and someone I went to sixth form with (who hasn’t)

Note: I went to an all girls secondary school.
    I should mention that the swim I went to was a nudist event.

The first time I heard of it I was like "I dunno, that might be awkward", but having now done it a few times, I can say that skinnydipping comes surprisingly naturally. It's not even really that awkward seeing others nude, because it's like...hey, you're in a swimming pool, who cares?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i wish i could go with you @_@
  • Eh, I could never skinny dip. I get self conscious in a swimsuit :/
  • Ugh, I can’t sleep. At all.

My brain is just not letting me.
  • we needed to know that.

sorry

it was just sort of like the second or third thing that comes to mind when i think about my swim a couple days ago
    Toolsie said:

Spoiler:
    plus I’m afraid of those black lines on the bottom of swimming pools that are everywhere why it’s not even an Olympic pool why do you need them?
    Spoiler:
    Probably because some people want to use the pool to train for meets.  The pool where I used to live had one single such line, spanning the deepest part, but flanked by other shallower sections.

The pool at my development now is a figure-eight though.

I wish I could feel comfortable skinny dipping but that will never happen
    the Ganon boss theme in The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors is called "Eclipse of the World"

that's such a badass name for a piece of music
    concept thing i thought up

for each of the Sailor Senshi, a music video with original animation synced to a movement from Holst's Planets suite, during which they're being awesome and doing acrobatics and beating up youma with energy attacks and stuff

Setsuna gets Colin Matthew's Pluto, the Renewer

and then Usagi gets the most spectacular and pyrotechnic video, probably culminating in Silver Moon Crystal Eternal Power, to the tune of Brain Damage/Eclipse
  • the Holst suite has quite a variety of moods. you could do beating up baddies to stuff like Mars or Jupiter or Uranus movements, and I guess Saturn does have her backstory drama, but it'd be harder to find fitting footage for Mercury or Neptune I think.

interesting idea though
  • edited 2018-05-07 18:31:37
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    yeah that is the drawback

but i feel like you could do something sort of slow, dignified and powerful with the ostensibly gentler sounding pieces

i feel like it would have to be original animation, since the actual show had quite limited animation and used a lot of stock footage, especially during fights
    i guess something similar to the RWBY trailers themed around each of the main characters of that series, is what i had in mind
  • edited 2018-05-07 19:09:46
    ಠ_ಠ
    So I received a message on POF that said something along the lines of: "your* so sexy, wanna get to know you, looking forward to your reply." Naturally, I deleted the message. But then they messaged me again saying "now that's not fair." So I ended up blocking them. 

I'm now doing a thing where if someone only talks about my looks and hasn't looked at my profile, I block them. 

(*Yes, 'you're' was spelt wrong)
  • Honestly the your is more than reason enough
  • said person does not deserve your so-sexiness
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Obā-san said:

Honestly the your is more than reason enough

said person does not deserve your so-sexiness

• Yeah, he was a bit of a creep. 

Anyway, the weather has been so lovely lately. It's a warm evening with a cool breeze. 

What's the best thing to do?

Stay inside and play video games. 
    it has been really nice out, i was amazed by how clear the sky was today
    Kero-chan is so adorable
    I wanted to go outside today but alas, I had to go to work instead.