What cartoons did you enjoy as a kid?

For me? Too many to list, but I'll try.

SpongeBob, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Top Cat, Cow and Chicken, PPG, Courage, Underdog, Rocky and Bullwinkle (when I ever caught it), Rocko's Modern Life, Chowder, the first couple seasons of Grim and Evil, Tom and Jerry, other M-G-M stuff, Looney Tunes, Popeye, the Snorks...

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Transformers, My Little Pony, The Real Ghostbusters, The Smurfs, Inspector Gadget, and all those other bad 80s cartoons
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Simpsons, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, SpongeBob, My Life as a Teenage Robot...
  • edited 2018-04-25 05:23:31
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Looney Tunes, Recess, Batman: The Animated Series, Kim Possible, Animaniacs, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rugrats, The Simpsons, Futurama, Darkwing Duck, The Weekenders, Dexter's Laboratory, Doug, Pepper Ann, Transformers: Beast Wars, Digimon, Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch, 101 Dalmatians, The Little Mermaid, Timon and Pumbaa, Jungle Cubs, TaleSpin, Duck Tales, I Am Weasel, Tom and Jerry, Tom and Jerry Kids, Cow and Chicken, Pokémon, Hey Arnold, Sabrina, The Real Ghostbusters, Tiny Toon Adventures, Freakazoid, X-Men, Spider-Man, Bonkers, various Scooby Doo incarnations (idk which was which)

basically i would watch whatever was on so long as it was animated, although i have strong memories of not liking Extreme Ghostbusters, oh also i *really* did not like South Park
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Inspector Gadget, Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, Rugrats, Aladdin, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers
  • edited 2018-04-25 05:31:27
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Moomins
    The Flintstones
    Farthing Wood
    oh yeah, forgot Looney and Tiny Toons
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    tiny toons had cute furries
  • Didn’t we have this conversation already? I swear a new thread about cartoons pops up every single fucking day. Do you really need a new thread for everything cartoon based that comes into your head?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't remember making this particular thread before, which is why I made it
  • I remember having it before because I said that I didn’t watch cartoons as a child and everyone looked at me as if I drowned a bag of kittens.

I get it, you like cartoons. Maybe just stick all your cartoon related thoughts into one big thread so that you don’t need to create a new one every single time a new idea pops into your mind.
  • Please don’t think that I’m trying to rain on your parade and turn you away from cartoons. That’s not what I’m doing here. All I’m saying is that it would easier if you grouped all your cartoon talk into a single thread, like “Anonus Talks About Cartoons”. There, you can put everything cartoon related into one tidy, neat place.
  • Watched (in large amounts): Voltron* (The New Adventures, The Third Dimension), Pokémon* (Kanto, Johto), Mega Man*, Inspector Gadget*, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog*

Watched (in small amounts): Sailor Moon, Robocop, X-Men: the Animated Series, Batman: the Animated Series, Superman: the Animated Series, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes

Watched in very small amounts, or maybe just barely aware of it: Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardcaptors, Beyblade, Monkey Magic, Gargoyles, Eagle Riders*, Digimon*, Dragon Flyz*, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Garfield and Friends, Spider-Man (1994 series), Ninja Turtles, TaleSpin, Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys, Captain Planet, The Magic School Bus*, Doug, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Bobby's World, Goof Troop, The Simpsons, Hong Kong Phooey, Jackie Chan Adventures, Iron Man, Mummies Alive, Street Sharks, Dino Riders, Dynomutt: Dog Wonder, Eek! the Cat/Eek!stravaganza, Dragon Tales, Dinozaurs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Rugrats, Arthur, Ed Edd & Eddy, Taz-Mania, Beavis & Butthead, Beast Wars, CatDog, The Tick, X-Men: Evolution, and probably others I can't remember for sure

* = especially interested in watching these
    Toolsie, the "you didn't watch cartoons?" thing was in the main Trash Heap thread.

I do agree that Anonus makes a ton of cartoony threads, though.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Toolsie said:

I remember having it before because I said that I didn’t watch cartoons as a child and everyone looked at me as if I drowned a bag of kittens.

I get it, you like cartoons. Maybe just stick all your cartoon related thoughts into one big thread so that you don’t need to create a new one every single time a new idea pops into your mind.

you mean in the trash heap Friday before last?  literally only me and Imi commented, and it was just like, "oh didn't you watch much TV", it wasn't a big deal or anything, no-one was judging you or getting on your case about it, literally we was just making conversation

a general cartoon thread might not be a bad idea tho
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    this thread is like super nostalgic for me, i keep remembering things i forgot even existed, like half the shows GMH mentioned

Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat, that was a weird one
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Rugrats, Doug, Spider-Man the Animated Series, the Hercules animated show, the Aladdin show, Animaniacs, some weird cartoon I don't remember the name of that was kinda like Beavis and Butthead, but not Beavis and Butthead, Spongebob, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Oh yes, and Hey Arnold
  • Tachyon said:

this thread is like super nostalgic for me, i keep remembering things i forgot even existed, like half the shows GMH mentioned

Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat, that was a weird one
    I'm actually not certain I heard of some of those shows as a kid, as opposed to later, but I still threw them in because they seemed about right.

The asterisk'd ones are fully accurate though.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    We could probably have a whole forum section for cartoon discussion threads
  • vtk said:

We could probably have a whole forum section for cartoon discussion threads

not a bad idea tbh

also i wonder how i can find episodes of iron man to watch
  • My favorite cartoons growing up were TMNT 2003, Danny Phantom, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Recess, Archie's Weird Mysteries, Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego, Arthur, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, Xiaolin Showdown, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Ben 10(The Original), Avatar the Last Airbender,  Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo and the list goes on.