Beef/burgers

I do not like beef. The thought of eating it makes me feel sick.

So, burger lovers, explain to me, what is the appeal of eating burgers? I would like to go to In-N-Out but mostly just to go there - their spartan menu leaves little for me (even if I am a fry lover)...

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    cannibalism
  • kill living beings
    the beef
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Serious answer: Years of beef being advertised as a premium product, mainly, even though agribusiness has made that less true over the past 100 years. Beef, like most meats, is still something of an acquired taste.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For me personally, the appeal isn't even so much the beef as the stuff you dress it up with. Condiments, cheese, veggies, etc. Any other kind of sandwich works just as well, as far as I'm concerned.
  • It tastes good
  • that is almost certainly my motivation whenever i consume something
  • BeeBee
    edited 2018-04-09 05:35:14
    I'm not sure what about beef is any more disgusting than any other meat.  Seafood usually ranks higher on the things that induce quease.

I don't like steak though.  Way too chewy and very difficult to cook properly without drying it out.  Ground beef is pretty awesome though.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

Serious answer: Years of beef being advertised as a premium product, mainly, even though agribusiness has made that less true over the past 100 years. Beef, like most meats, is still something of an acquired taste.

okay so it's not just me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The only steak I've had that I really like was at that super-expensive Japanese steakhouse my grandparents used to take us to every December.

Otherwise, yeah, I very much prefer ground beef.
  • edited 2018-04-09 05:40:59
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    cow jokes aside, I actually do hate steak.

burgers are fine, mostly because then it's combined with other stuff (bread, cheese, condiments)
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Obā-san said:

It tastes good

Obā-san said:

that is almost certainly my motivation whenever i consume something

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Obā-san said:

It tastes good

Obā-san said:

This, except beef doesn’t do me well. But yeah.
  • steak is either too raw or too hard
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Crystal said:

Obā-san said:

It tastes good

Obā-san said:

This, except beef doesn’t do me well. But yeah.

you like burgers though?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    seeing as i eat burgers almost every day i feel like i should weigh in here but honestly it's mostly a matter of convenience
  • edited 2018-04-10 00:52:35
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that wasn't a pun, btw.  i don't actually weigh that much, i have a freakish metabolism

i am horrendously lazy so take satisfaction in knowing that it'll all catch up to me further down the road, probably before i hit 40