The Iron Giant is a fictional character

Putting him in the poster of a bad movie is not harming him whatsoever, and acting otherwise is pretty immature

Comments

• I think it's more the concept of him being in a fight scene that bothers people (me)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I dunno, I read that shitty fucking awful book, and I'm not as mad as half of the nerds on my tl are
  • Buddy,,,, gonna fuck the iron giant
  • My moominsona is gonna fuck the iron giant and swear also
    Good idea Millie mill
  • Also do a weed and I'm marrying the FBI agent? Remember that guy? What a jerk
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    The Iron Giant?

A Friend.
  • I think I am the only person on the internet who has not seen the iron giant but has read the book it is incredibly loosely based on
  • what is this about
  • apparently the iron giant is in ready player one for some reason
  • edited 2018-03-07 03:27:37
    He's supposedly in the actual movie too though.
    Odradek said:

Putting him in the poster of a bad movie is not harming him whatsoever, and acting otherwise is pretty immature

• This is an odd thing to be defensive over
    whatever
  • Is this another one of those trashy YA dystopia thrillers?  I thought we got that garbage out of the way with Divergent.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Bee said:

Is this another one of those trashy YA dystopia thrillers?  I thought we got that garbage out of the way with Divergent.

yes but with 80s nostalgia added
    Odradek said:

i kinda feel the comment about how he got more marketing from rp1 than from the movie itself but beyond that yeah meh
    I made my way through that shitty fucking book, I deserve an opinion as much as they do
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

apparently the iron giant is in ready player one for some reason

that "some reason" being that they are both Warner Bros. movies
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Someone said it was to replace the Gundams but I think I saw a Gundam on one of the posters so who knows
  • edited 2018-03-07 21:33:07
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    He’s replacing Ultraman.
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    you don't want to see something you like associated with something you don't like

it's as simple as that
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    what the cat witch said
  • edited 2018-03-08 02:16:59
    CUNTASAURUS REXXX
    Epitome said:

you don't want to see something you like associated with something you don't like

it's as simple as that
    so just claim "non-canon" and ignore it, simple
    see how Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and Cirque du Yogi are two branches of the same timeline

the former branch is a squiggly "wrong turn"
  • Wrong turn? But Birdman is hilarious. V:
  • on the one hand I understand how taking the Iron Giant (a character from a movie primarily about how fighting isn't always the answer) and putting him in a fight scene in a shitty crossover movie can be frustrating and I find the idea of it being "immature" sort of ridiculous

on the other, I'm really tired of people acting like Ready Player One is a sign of the end times and not just a shitty book that is now being made into a shitty movie.
  • Jane said:

on the one hand I understand how taking the Iron Giant (a character from a movie primarily about how fighting isn't always the answer) and putting him in a fight scene in a shitty crossover movie can be frustrating and I find the idea of it being "immature" sort of ridiculous

on the other, I'm really tired of people acting like Ready Player One is a sign of the end times and not just a shitty book that is now being made into a shitty movie.
    or more succinctly
    TitleName said:

Wrong turn? But Birdman is hilarious. V:

I feel like it's a poor man's SGC2C but that's me
  • idk, I feel like the format for each is distinct enough from each other

idk, I feel like the format for each is distinct enough from each other

Yeah it was just always hard not to mentally compare them because one wouldn't exist without the other

And Havrvey Birdman, ime, never approached SGC2C's delirious surrealistic heights