Font ID?

So I'm basically redoing all of my new company's official documents and stuff and NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE LOGO FONT IS

Anyone recognize what the heck this font is? Thanks all

http://www.avinext.com/wp-content/themes/avinext/images/logo.png

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it's a modified lucida sans i think
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Hmmmm darn. I'd been really hoping it hadn't been modified so that I could reuse it more easily in other title locations. Thank you though!
  • kill living beings
    you can't contact the original designer?
    Doesn't work here any more and everyone has just been using the same logo files.
    I tried to recreate it

Do you need like an SVG or something?
    I actually primarily wanted to be able to use it within word documents as a normal font, unfortunately.
    oh
    Yeah :(
    For things like subheadings and whatnot as a reference to the logo
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    With some effort, I think Anonus and I could work together to make a complete-ish font of that.

And by "some effort" I mean probably a significant time investment.
    is that legal?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    yes, as long as you're not copying the font code itself and you use a different name. font designs aren't protected under US law (which is why there were so many shovelware copies of famous fonts in the 1990s).
  • edited 2018-02-10 01:00:57
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    vtk said:

With some effort, I think Anonus and I could work together to make a complete-ish font of that.

yeah if you're going to invest a significant amount of time into it erio should probably see if she can get the company to contract y'all for it, since you'd be doing this, really, for the company
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Not to point out the obvious, but it's only been slightly modified. Erio could always try stock Lucida Sans and see if that matches well enough.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    OBVIOUS 👈🏽 👸

Not to point out the obvious, but it's only been slightly modified. Erio could always try stock Lucida Sans and see if that matches well enough.

I gave it a shot but didn't much care for it. Ended up just using generic Calibri.
    vtk said:

I appreciate the offer, but that's probably overkill considering that at the end of the day it's not a huge deal :) I was just hoping for an easy solution if one existed. These are just things that should look reasonably professional for our customers. I would also agree that's something you would deserve an actual contract for, which I doubt I could get.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Well if you can't make it match perfectly, it's probably best to use a complimentary font. I forget, does Lucida have a serif family? If not, what serif pairs with Lucida Sans? In any case, keeping the oblique style would be a good nod to the logo.
    It has a serif companion...